Roll Pan.. Whats your exhaust set up?

LlyDMax

Doing a roll pan install Friday on my Silverado and have been scratching my head over an exhaust set up. I'm pretty against cutting a hole in the bed for a stack right now but I'm not sure how my 4" and 5" tip will look exposed under there. If anyone has pictures of their roll pan/exhaust set up throw them up! Chevy, Dodge, Ford, axle dump, stack, side exit.. doesn't really make a difference just trying to get my brain going. Hopefully some people get in on this!

Hood stack right now. Lol likely go to a 5" out the back before too long but don't plan on anything special because of the roll pan

Rollpan, 4 inch duals stuffed under
EB214D41-A579-47AA-B052-ECEF1B6FD71C-1688-000000847FD752AF_zpsd315c17e.jpg

I don't have a picture right now, but I took an old silverline y-pipe for the stacks, trimmed it down to fit, and tucked everything but the very tip of the miter-cut stacks up between the frame rails and the hitch. (The hitch has been moved forward and down a little bit from back in my sled pulling days.) Even sitting on the ground about 10 feet back, all you can see is the two 5" tips for about 3-4 inches. The only thing I don't like about this setup is the nasty tailgate if it goes for a little while without a bath, which it does regularly when I we are working wide open. Ill try to grab a picture sometime.

I hate the mess that creates. Always covers the tailgate and such with soot. I hate that...

I guess it depends on how much chit you've got coming out. Mine stays cleaner than anything else I've tried. Even after a 860 mile round trip pulling a 28ft enclosed trailer, there was absolutely no mess back there to clean.

I guess it depends on how much chit you've got coming out. Mine stays cleaner than anything else I've tried. Even after a 860 mile round trip pulling a 28ft enclosed trailer, there was absolutely no mess back there to clean.

I'm also only use to a 12v and a vp rig lol

Definitely liking the photos. I'm almost curious as to how much drone I would get dumped. I'm not really trying to do anything special.. probably something I'll mess with for a while. Seems to be the trend with my truck

I hate the mess that creates. Always covers the tailgate and such with soot. I hate that...

I've had my exhaust dumped right over the axle for nearly 3 years, and it stays cleaner now than it did with the tail pipe coming out the side.

It almost seems like there are too many ways for an axle dump to be done wrong though. I'm not even sure what doing it right would be

I think to keep the truck clean it ends up having to be an eye sore myself. If its gonna be dumped I prefer for it to be pretty well hidden myself.

It almost seems like there are too many ways for an axle dump to be done wrong though. I'm not even sure what doing it right would be
I took a Sawzall and cut the tail pipe right after the last hanger after it bent over the axle. It is tucked up under the truck, and I never see any soot anywhere. I'm not sure if I did it wrong or right, but it works for me.

Back