BIG Wheel Kits 22.5

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Guys I got a few questions. I have aquired a school bus, that I am parting out. using the motor in another project. It has 6 brand new tires on 22.5 steel rims. Im not sure on the exact size on the tires, Ill get the exact size today. I was thinking about putting them on my 04 dodge. I know Ill have to buy the 8 to 10 lug adapters, but what else will I have to do to get them to fit? Ive seen these big wheel kits on other trucks and the look awsome, I just want to make sure I dont create any more problems for myself If I decide to go this route. Thanks for any info.
Fireman450

Lift kit to clear them, a full size 22.5 is closer to forty inches tall than you think. And get the absolute BEST shock you can find...you'll need'em.

I had 22.5 and got tired of the rough ride and poor fuel economy that came with. If it's the 255/70 size tires you can get away with a leveling kit. If it's the bigger tires then you do have to lift the truck.

I had 22.5 and got tired of the rough ride and poor fuel economy that came with. If it's the 255/70 size tires you can get away with a leveling kit. If it's the bigger tires then you do have to lift the truck.

big bump to that!!!! I had the 22.5s on my 02 dodge, and I was able to run them with just a leveling kit. they look great, but are a pain....

22.5s, hard biting clutch, 40 foot trailer = ....... major pain in the asss!

but they shure looked good :evil

Oh, and I would never deal with Chromewheels.com again.... period. :badidea:

Thanks guys. Im just going to put them in a corner for now until I decide what I want to do. Any more info is appreciated.
Fireman450

I was going to mention your fuel economy will go to crap, but I think others have it covered. :D Sell them and put the money into your motor or fueling system. $.02

Also, make sure to have them balanced well too...

What happened?

After so many lies, you just get bunt... :charger:

Call after call it find out where the wheels were, missing parts, etc.. The same thing with USA 6x6... I just dont see how places like that can actually stay in bizz... :bang

So, Fireman, I see a flatbed on your truck. Do you farm or anything like that? Those big wheels would be hell to find tires for that are worth a toss off the highway, right? I'd rather keep the 16's and have 150 tire options.

They make plenty off tough off-road style 22.5" tires...but thats it only good for off-road not on road. Its a catch 22

they make descent on/off road 22'5's..nothing real aggressive..but we have a farm..and I have to drive thru muck..and in 4wd..they pull fine.

you said that you have 6 steel wheel? you werent thinking of runing all steels were you? the steels are real heavy..they weigh 168lbs with the tire and wheel vs. the aluminum outer weighing 124 with tire..then you have to add about 40-50 for each adapter..they are heavy.

I have them on my truck..with Michlien XRV and they ride just fine..as long as you get them balanced out and have QUALITY tire..you wont have any issues. my truck is leveled and the tires are 285/35/22.5 they are almost 38" (37.6 to be exact) and they don't rub..I like them..Mileage isn't anything killer..but with the 4:11 gears and 38's I can go alot faster on the interstate ate lower RPM's

DSC02426.jpg

DSC02730-1.jpg

in some nasty mud at the landfill:
DSC02930Medium.jpg

DSC02931Medium.jpg

funny you say that now..but when you were selling them:

I bought the wheels new from Reds Miami on 27th ave. They actually say accuride on them. They are still brite after a few months being on. The tires are Turnpike brand and are regrooveable. They are 255/70/22.5 I never balanced them cause the ride was pretty smooth. I Pmed you my number. Just give me a call.

and :

I got bored of the look. I do enjoy having all the power back that the wheels robbed me. I am now running 315/70r17 all-terrain bfgs. Besides everyone in Miami has 22.5 wheels practically.

funny how the truth comes out later..I know they ride/rode like ****..I have ridden in the truck since the guy put them on..

Its all about QUALITY tires..and TURNPIKE tires are CRAP!

That is one sharp truck! I meant off road, dig ruts, haul round bales across the pasture in a pourin' rain, throw clods on your truck in my avatar tire tread. I really doubt those would go down my north road in the rain. :D Just seems the cost and time would be better spent on other upgrades to me. $.02

So, Fireman, I see a flatbed on your truck. Do you farm or anything like that? Those big wheels would be hell to find tires for that are worth a toss off the highway, right? I'd rather keep the 16's and have 150 tire options.

Yea I farm some and haul equipment for a local contractor. Ill probally just sell em and dum that into my other toy...

Back