Triples & Header Build on Big Angry

Wow what a build! Excellent fab work and a massive amount of patience went into this, I hope then end result exceeds your goals.

Gt4718 right? And more specs on it?

Cast comp wheel 88x117.6mm turbine 92x84mm looks like the 1.08 A/R T6 housing is what he had on there, hard to tell from the pictures tho. It's a great turbocharger currently running one on my truck as the primary.

Awesome build. I remember watching the first build thread on CF a few years ago.

Dumb question but why couldn't he take the tig welder back over flange and "reshape" the welds to make them look better?

Awesome build. I remember watching the first build thread on CF a few years ago.

Dumb question but why couldn't he take the tig welder back over flange and "reshape" the welds to make them look better?

And how much power would that have gained him?

And how much power would that have gained him?

I know it wouldnt gain any power but the OP was saying how he himself didnt like how they turned out, so just wondering if he would have been able to go over it again and make it look better for his own pleasure.

I know it wouldnt gain any power but the OP was saying how he himself didnt like how they turned out, so just wondering if he would have been able to go over it again and make it look better for his own pleasure.

Whoa whoa!!! Lol Don't want him thinking I criticized his work. I would kill for those kind of skills and knowledge.

I'm technically the OP of this thread but posting About Rich's build. Pasting quotes from him from his Huge CF build thread.

Rich has a lot on his plate right now and has been going to school to be a mechanical engineer, after having retired from the military and having plenty of skills to start with. He probably just wants to eventually get it done even though he's not hundred percent happy with some of the welds and other stuff but for right now i'm sure it's "function over form"

More heat into a stainless weld isnt a good thing.

Thanks for the honest answer, I know a good amount about welding as thats all i did in school and got certified but haven't done it very much ever since, so Im still lacking a lot of the details

Whoa whoa!!! Lol Don't want him thinking I criticized his work. I would kill for those kind of skills and knowledge.

I'm technically the OP of this thread but posting About Rich's build. Pasting quotes from him from his Huge CF build thread.

I know, that's what I meant by "original poster" rather then thread starter sorry for the confusion but I knew you were just sharing rich's work.

Getting good tig welding ss/aluminum isnt a cheap. Luckly i work at a food processing plant which made it alot easier in that aspect. He just needs less heat or move a lot faster. That will drastically improve the appearance. If the weld puddle looks like it's boiling it's too hot. Also needs full argon coverage until the weld is cooled back down. A gas lense/larger cup will help with this.

Getting good tig welding ss/aluminum isnt a cheap. Luckly i work at a food processing plant which made it alot easier in that aspect. He just needs less heat or move a lot faster. That will drastically improve the appearance. If the weld puddle looks like it's boiling it's too hot. Also needs full argon coverage until the weld is cooled back down. A gas lense/larger cup will help with this.

Spend your days with food grade stainless?

Ok... Time for an update. Rich only had two weeks between finishing finals and starting school again and knew he'd not have time to finish the header, so he has dove into this for the time being. Hoping he'll get it ready so he and I can race at the Street car takeover in Atl. (Commerce Dragway) on Aug. 15th that Vengeance Racing is hosting.

Here's the updates:

Next couple weeks he's gonna try to get it running but will use this manifold for now. He starts school again soon and just didn't want to rush the header. This wil do for now.

Here's a few pics from today.

DB64DFB9-C75E-42BC-A8CD-FC9AB462047C_zpssa211v1x.jpg

9016F6E5-9505-4C3F-914B-881415808D62_zps5arwwgwp.jpg

ADEF8FE0-4CC5-44F8-B05F-3E2BC083F058_zpsyjnmszz1.jpg

E99A9F42-44B4-4A60-B9C3-0EAB41EF5A20_zpstj3ejtos.jpg

Back