Ragin Diesel Screws Members then dissappears.

4x4dually

Recently, several members of another forum have been scammed/screwed or whatever you want to call it. We've asked repeatedly that Mr. Ragin Diesel, Shawn Brown, chimes in to explain himself. No one that has been screwed can contact him and it is even to the point where his girlfriend has removed all of us from her "friends" list on facebook. Seem shady doesn't it?

One gentleman was sold a "performance tranny" that was said to hold 800 hp and was supposed to be from a "buddy" at a tranny shop in Arizona. Truth be told, he found a shop online in Tulsa, OK and had them build one. Another fact, the buyer found the shop and contacted them when the tranny shelled out. It was never supposed to hold 800 ponies and was in fact a glorified stocker. The buyer was out about $3000.00 and can't get a hold of Ragin Diesel for any answers shy of driving to Arizona and putting a boot in someones tail.

Another gentleman spent around $5000 (to the best of my knowledge) for head studs and a bunch of other stuff. Come to find out, the studs that were put back in were new stockers (which I'm trying to confirm) and some other crap. The forum is full of stories so I'm para-phrasing.

Another guy told them to order exhaust and was told it was on backorder. After four weeks, he called another dealer and had one in three days.

Several other members had troubles also.

I am by no means the "vendor police" but it urgs me no end to see my buddies get screwed and want to pass this on in public forum to try to keep any of you all from getting scammed also.

Do Not Order Anything From Ragin Diesel. He's a CROOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Mr. Ragin Diesel ever logs on or returns phone calls, I'll be the first to appologize if I'm wrong, but there are too many stories from trusted sources...and folks that have lost thousands...for this not to be true.

BUYER BEWARE.

This gentleman and his gf moved from Arizona to Ponca City Ok where they were taken in by a whole group of diesel heads and taken care of from free rent to free furniture etc and then ended up lying and cheating almost everyone they came in contact with. Once the deeds were done....moved out of town, back to AZ.

AND...there was no shop. Just a cell phone to pass on orders. I guess now he has a place....a buddies...imagine that.

Last edited:
Updated INFO.

New information on screwage (cut-n-paste from other forum (with some minor grammar fixes :D)):

Ok yall, as you know Shawn at RAGIN DIESEL was supposed to put head studs, an egr delete, rebuilt injectors, a new oil cooler, new batteries, a collant filter kit, and a new intake on my truck. I can say he did do the batteries, intake and the colant filter kit, along with what appears to be 3 head studs. So need less to say $7000 f&*%$#G dollars later and the truck still pukes it's a$$ off and overheates. What really chaps my a$$ is I thought I was helping a friend, I was ready to take it to Nate at Strictly Diesel, but Shawn said he could do it fer me and I wouldn't have to go to AZ. Well he got his money and now I can't get a hold of him, and he won't even talk to Joe now cause he asked him about it. I just wish he could be a man and admit what he did instead of being a CHICKEN S*^T about it.

Yall pass the word. :Cheer:

My butthole hurts! - you'd think with all that cash he made he could have at least used some lube!

I tried to get Jill to retract her claws... worked in open forum.. in pm's, not so much.. lol

UPDATE!!!

Cut-n-pasted from Brants posts elsewhere....

It appears that the day xxxxx's truck thread was started (8-17-09), our buddy-o-pal Shawn was pulled over in a customers truck for speeding and turning on red (apparently you can't @ some AZ intersections) and during his traffic stop, it was found that he had some warrants out for his arrest. Anyone care to guess what they were for?!?!

Theft and Fraud!!! Go figure huh... Needless to say, luckily the customer was with him and got to drive his truck home, otherwise it would have been impounded! He spent his day in jail and now will be going to court (unless he can move to another state and dupe some more people by being a lying a**hole)

Basically, the "200K shop" he used to "own" with his partner that he sold out his half too, wasn't really his shop - he didn't own it - he just worked there.. as a parts guy!!

dadgumit, i used to live in newkirk, lived there my whole life till i was 19. I cant believe this guy got away with it. Those ponca city boys were rough when it came to gettin screwed by someone. I realy cant believe he wasnt found in a ditch somwheres south of town by the reservation.

:hehe: He dissappeared before we got to him. :D Everyone kept saying, "surely he has an explanation and will make everything right. No one can be so deceiving and stupid."

Back