Where are my turbos?? It's been 3.5 months!

Algae Eater

Greaser
Sorry in advance for being irritated right now..
I'm just worried about my $2800 and whether turbos are lost in shipping or stolen from the piping builder's shop.

I've tried over and over to get any information that I could about my order... Not having any luck.

I can't believe how long this is taking!
I ordered on April 29th...

Where the heck are my turbos?

Did they ship or not? I was supposed to get a call back on that and never did.

:bang

Icing on the cake...

I just found out (from getting in touch with Steedspeed, not from you guys) that my SS manifold wasn't ordered until a couple days ago...

I specifically asked back in June (when Joseph said "everything else is on the shelf, ready to go, besides the .83 housing") if the manifold was also gonna be ready.
I was told yeah, no problem... no problem. Well now I have a problem.

I must have fallen through the cracks, because I don't see how else my manifold (which I paid for back when) wouldn't be ordered for over 3 months.

I asked about my manifold numerous times and was never told that it wasn't ordered yet. I was told everything was ready to go and was waiting on a housing.

Now I gotta wait another month for the manifold before Taylor can start on my piping...
Then add a month..

We're looking at 6 months start to finish! What the? Seriously?

Last edited:
Now I'm wondering if the wastegate still needs to be ordered.

And I'm over the 3+ month leadtime (because I have just learned that isn't too unusual for you guys).

Now I'm only tweaked in the head about why it took you guys 3 months to order my manifold.

lol similar to my turbo, only 5 weeks for me though, everything was ready when i ordered it, then 1 week later i call and they have to wait on the housing, then the next week they are waiting on the discharge elbow, then the next week another part back ordered, wasnt too happy but it did finally arrive.

Not bashing FI by any means just sharing my experience. also with the manifold, steed speed doesnt make them on at a time and ship out, they get a batch together then wait for the next batch. I just ordered one and was lucky that it was on the shelf or else i would have had to wait 3wks for it.

hope it all comes to you soon though

lol similar to my turbo, only 5 weeks for me though,

I would've been THRILLED if it took only 5 weeks. :woohoo:
But I understand it's all relative.

A friend of a friend has been waiting 12 weeks for a turbo rebuild, which they said would take 2wks.
I guess at this point he's driving down to get it, regardless of the status.

And I also feel bad, because I know there were a few guys who asked for advice & I recommended they order their 62's and 63's from them right around when I did.
I'm sure they're waitin too because most were getting the same .83 housing.

everything was ready when i ordered it, then 1 week later i call and they have to wait on the housing, then the next week they are waiting on the discharge elbow, then the next week another part back ordered, wasnt too happy but it did finally arrive.

I wonder, if they just check inventory on one component at a time? Or is it just the good ol' "run-around"??

I asked what they were waiting on and it was just the .83 housing.. they said "everything else is on the shelf"... well, I guess the manifold wasn't part of that "everything".
But wait, I asked about the manifold back in June/July and he said they'd still have to order it and I asked him if he could please handle that soon... guess my request went in one ear and out the other.

I asked if they could just ship what they had and they said they like to build and ship the whole order at once rather than getting confused about what had been sent already etc... I thought people all had computers these days for that kind of stuff... it's called "being organized".. you know, running a business.

also with the manifold, steed speed doesnt make them on at a time and ship out, they get a batch together then wait for the next batch. I just ordered one and was lucky that it was on the shelf or else i would have had to wait 3wks for it.

hope it all comes to you soon though

Thank you for hoping.. but I was told it's gonna be at least 3 weeks, probably more like 4.

Hearing you say that they make them in batches... and knowing my order (and money) has been in their hands for 3 months, just drives it in deeper.

Assuming that FI knows SS makes them in batches, it's almost deliberately disrespectful to wait until now to order it... especially when I've called SO many times to check status.

It's not like they were waiting on parts or somebody else's order was ahead of mine. They just didn't pick up the phone and order a part.

Pretty disappointing.

Last edited:
A friend of a friend has been waiting 12 weeks for a turbo rebuild, which they said would take 2wks.
I guess at this point he's driving down to get it, regardless of the status.

I guess this is not accurate (according to F.I.).
Just wanted to follow up, since it's too late now to edit this post.

Man, i am sorry to hear about your wait from them i just asked for a quote on a turbo that you were running on your truck that you liked so much .any suggestions where to look for one thanks Fabman a fella Greaser also I would have PM'd you but i dont have enough post's

Man, i am sorry to hear about your wait from them i just asked for a quote on a turbo that you were running on your truck that you liked so much .any suggestions where to look for one thanks Fabman a fella Greaser also I would have PM'd you but i dont have enough post's

I would just call them and ask how long it's going to be.
Then stay on top of it so someone doesn't "drop the ball" (what happened to me) and you don't "fall through the cracks" (like I did).

Update: my problem is being resolved by the company's owner, as we speak... and hopefully the manifold wait time can be reduced. Seems doubtful, because it's not like they're gonna pay more $$$ to expedite the current batch they're ordering from the shop that makes them, (or get just one) just on my account.

I would just have them be honest about lead time and then keep on it.
If for some reason you encountered a major delay like me, I would report back here or make your own thread in this (their) sponsor forum.. because I'm trying to figure out how to delete this thread. I don't want to prolong any useless drama or hurt their business. I just needed results and couldn't figure out how to get them because I thought that NUMEROUS phone calls would do enough, to voice my impatience, and see results .. but this is public and ... well... sometimes a person has to "have something to lose" by not doing something.. to actually do it.

That is what happened here. But more so, over in my build thread.
I don't even know if they [or many other people] frequent this specific sponsor forum... it's kinda off in the weeds.

Last edited:
Back