Took my charger apart and this was inside.

Sarafin

I bought this turbo last year new from a name brand shop and the charger lasted about 7 runs. Not their fault I don't believe - I had a bad drive pressure gauge and on the chargers last run I was reading 39 psi boost to about 69 psi drive.

There were signs of the charger giving out in earlier hooks with white smoke at idle getting more and more as the rear seals took more of a beating.

I took the charger apart yesterday and it is an S400 Chassis and under the splash guard there wasn't a 360 or a 270 degree bearing but rather just that one small round shim. I am not a turbo expert and and not saying this is wrong, just looking to learn a bit as to what the reasoning to this might be?

Attachments

• thumbnail_Image.jpg
    thumbnail_Image.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 0
It is a 360* iron trust. You have to pull the trust out of the center section yet

That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to say anything after YoungDiesel27's post; he really sounds like he knows what he's talking about and I didn't want to be embarrassed by his greatness.

That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to say anything after YoungDiesel27's post; he really sounds like he knows what he's talking about and I didn't want to be embarrassed by his greatness.

I made a mistake, my bad. Guess I should have zoomed in on the pic. We’re lucky to have a turbo guy on here who knew to look further.

Last edited:
Back