Question for you guys on big water systems

I would 100% agree with extended power. Keep the pressure high otherwise the mist will turn to droplets. I know drag racing is a lot different than pulling but we only use about 40oz in 15 sec in our puller. 96oz in 10sec is a ton!

What exhaust temps do you shoot for with the water on?

Also what the purpose of the check valve in the system and what sort of pressure does it need to be rated at?

7e9697c01ea3eb436e7fcb4826506fb6.jpg

Water inj setup on my new truck.. 6 nozzles one per cylinder .022 jets currently. Hydraulic pump driven off back of gear case pumps to simpson valve set to bring water in at 30psi, water then goes into rail system and then out of rail to each nozzle.

Dude...that is slick as hell. 6 nozzles or 12? I see you said 6, I just see 12 lines. Dual inlet nozzles? Either way, nice work man.

7e9697c01ea3eb436e7fcb4826506fb6.jpg

Water inj setup on my new truck.. 6 nozzles one per cylinder .022 jets currently. Hydraulic pump driven off back of gear case pumps to simpson valve set to bring water in at 30psi, water then goes into rail system and then out of rail to each nozzle.

What did they shoot for to run the EGTs at on a full power run?

What did they shoot for to run the EGTs at on a full power run?

Have not got this system on this truck dialed in yet literally have 2 burnouts and a shakedown pass under our belt with it. Same system on my other truck keeps things right around 1600 on fuel , 1800 on nitrous.

Have not got this system on this truck dialed in yet literally have 2 burnouts and a shakedown pass under our belt with it. Same system on my other truck keeps things right around 1600 on fuel , 1800 on nitrous.

Thank you, I'm working on trying to piece together a system for my semi, have no idea of where to even start with water flow. Mine will only be 3 nozzles at the inlet port of the heads.

I still don't understand how a check valve comes into play, I know most high pressure systems use them, but don't know where it needs to be placed.

I don't see the need for a check valve either. I know I would love to see a diagram of a system of they do need one

Mine ended up with a 50psi hobs switch six 0.24 nozzles one per cylinder and one .020 post intercooler. Eats almost 3/4 gallon per pass. Helped with EGTS allot. All though my motor always ran hot. Thankfully it is getting rebuilt

[ame="http://s866.photobucket.com/user/vmax2005/media/20140926_213450.jpg.html"]20140926_213450.jpg Photo by vmax2005 | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
I don't know honestly. Never ran it without water and always changing crap lol. Motor never made good power.

You had way smaller nozzles and an electric pump before?

Back