Has Anyone ever tried "ROCKVILLE" speakers?

TRUBBS

Can You Keep Up?
looking around on Flea-Bay for some decent priced Rockford 8" marine soeakers for my boat system and seen some "Rockville RWB80B 8" Tower speakers" for $100 bucks a pair, (rockfords are about $350/Pair)
was wondering if anyone has ever tried these out and how well they work?
i know they obviously wont be as good as the rockfords but kinda got thinking that i dont really need to spends a few grand on a system or the boat after all so looking at some lower priced set ups.

(already have a polk audio 12" sub and 4 rockford fosgate m262 6.5" speakers to put in just looking for 4 8" towers to finish it off)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Rockville-RWB80B-8-Black-2-Way-300-Watt-Marine-Wakeboard-Tower-Speakers-/351102974840?pt=US_Marine_Audio&hash=item51bf5e3b78&vxp=mtr

Sometimes you get what you payed for.
I bought cheap door speakers that wouldn't work whenever it was 10 degrees or colder out, speakers had foam surrounds on speaker cones, had to wait for truck to warmup so you could hear speakers.

Sometimes you get what you payed for.
I bought cheap door speakers that wouldn't work whenever it was 10 degrees or colder out, speakers had foam surrounds on speaker cones, had to wait for truck to warmup so you could hear speakers.

thats what i was thinking,To good to be true type deal. asked around on a rzr facebook page and didnt get much reply either.
so looking like ill stick with my original plan of 4 8" rockfords

I have a pair of 8 inch marine rockfords running an an audio pipe on my grizzly, they work pretty good, take a lot of harsh abuse, mud, water, and keep on playing. rockvilles? never heard of em.

I've heard them on full blast on a boat tower...they're definitely not WetSounds, but they are about what you'd expect for the price point - fairly clear high-range that gets loud as hell, lacking mid- and low-range. They held up fairly well, too. I'm an audio freak (not quite as bad as Rich, though) and I'd have no problem running them on a SxS, considering the environment.

Sent from my iPad

I've heard them on full blast on a boat tower...they're definitely not WetSounds, but they are about what you'd expect for the price point - fairly clear high-range that gets loud as hell, lacking mid- and low-range. They held up fairly well, too. I'm an audio freak (not quite as bad as Rich, though) and I'd have no problem running them on a SxS, considering the environment.

Sent from my iPad

ended up just biting the bullet and going with my original plan and ordered 4 rockford fosgate m282 8" towers to match my 4 m262 6.5" mids

Back