Help me pick a new head unit

turbom700

Looking for a new head unit for my excrusion. Want something with Nav, bluetooth/sync, and plays music. Something similar like the 08+ nav system in the superdutys.

Whats a good unit?

Thanks
Mike

It was fairly inexpensive but I put a Jensen vx 7020 in my van. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I would not bother paying for a head unit with nav... Most people use a smart phone and navigating with it is easy with UP TO DATE maps. Most navigation head units have maps that are out of date when purchased and only get older and you have to pay for updates.

I would focus on audio/video quality rather than nav... Something to think about...

I have a smart phone (iphone) but I would rather have something built in. I could really care less about audio as long as it plays music thru bluetooth/snyc I will be happy.

Cops around here like to pull people over with phones in there hands(cant txt and drive here) have been stopped once when using nav on my phone.

I think some of the new head units will sync with the phone and still use the phones navi... I have an older head unit in our Tahoe that is awesome sound quality and video wise with built in navi. I hadn't driven it in a while and when I last drove it I realized the built in navi was almost useless, using my droid phone was much easier and more accurate since the maps were up to date. Just thought I'd warn you of my experience. I won't replace the unit as it is a VERY nice Kenwood Excellon unit, but I won't rely on it for navigation either...

Take a look at http://www.crutchfield.com. They have good prices and some of the best units on the market. Find one with the syncing capability and you'll be good to go. I know there are units that don't even have a CD transport anymore, just set up to stream from phone or control ipod...

Back