Compound turbo field tractor.

Plan right now is to just remove air cleaner and run open Intake when at the track. I'm just waiting to put head and turbos back on the tractor then sit the hood on and see how much room I have to work with. I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut a hole in the side of the hood instead of being able to come out and under it like I want. This hood was original with no dents and I had it all painted already :-/. Looking at buying a 7520 hood and patching the 2 air cleaner and Intake holes I won't be using then just putting a 5" hole in the side to go straight into turbo then mounting air cleaner like this guy did
48e0df16802eb7bd70c98dd01f63d397.jpg

I'm assuming you will run the gauge connections under the fender.....are you going to put sheet metal over the lines? I'd have them ripped off in a day. LOL

Ya going to mount a junction box of sorts under neath and Deere ran fender lights thru the fender brackets, I believe there is enough room still. Yes mud will be taken into consideration lol

I will be interested to see how this turns out. A local farmer around me had a 6030 in the day that had a 619 and was wicked up. I believe they had a lot of drivetrain problems, but I can't remember specifically.

This is a badass build though! Takes a lot of space to get al that chit under the hood.
I would just like to update the chargers on some of ours, let alone twins haha

I will be interested to see how this turns out. A local farmer around me had a 6030 in the day that had a 619 and was wicked up. I believe they had a lot of drivetrain problems, but I can't remember specifically.

This is a badass build though! Takes a lot of space to get al that chit under the hood.
I would just like to update the chargers on some of ours, let alone twins haha

I worked on a large farm and they had a 6030, hardly ever used it, kept it as a back up for the 4955's. They would triple it up and go if needed.

I worked on a large farm and they had a 6030, hardly ever used it, kept it as a back up for the 4955's. They would triple it up and go if needed.

Triples have crossed my mind. As luck would have it we've got a set of clamp on 38's. Only thing that would hang me up is we're spread out over several fields and transport would be a pain.

Dual 20.8x38 is a lot of tire. Triples place a lot of load on the very edge of the axle, a lot of strain if for some reason all the load got put on the outer triple

aa8dd1e8353d928b25bd722ce6560598.jpg

Sat the head on today. Mother Deere messed up on my head bolts. So I had 6 that aren't the right length. Maybe I'll get it torqued down tomorrow.

Very cool. Twins seem like overkill for 250-300 horse though? Theres tractors making 250 with a little 3lm that work everyday. I think you will be surprised at the horsepower you have when you get it back together. With a 12mm pump and those chargers youll be making some good power.

Very cool. Twins seem like overkill for 250-300 horse though? Theres tractors making 250 with a little 3lm that work everyday. I think you will be surprised at the horsepower you have when you get it back together. With a 12mm pump and those chargers youll be making some good power.

Ya I'm shooting for 6-700hp for track power then pulling fuel out for field work and bring it down to 250-300hp. Thats the plan anyways.

I think the most genius thing I see in those photos is the fact that you bolted a plate on the frame and pinned a jack to both sides. THAT....if effin' genius.

if im not mistaken, look like you mig'd your pipe together, make sure theres no wire sticking through on the inside of the pipe! It would be pretty hard on that compressor lol.

Looks like that was a pretty tight fit under there!

if im not mistaken, look like you mig'd your pipe together, make sure theres no wire sticking through on the inside of the pipe! It would be pretty hard on that compressor lol.

Looks like that was a pretty tight fit under there!

Actually tig welded. Just looks like crap because of the aluminized pipe :-/

I meant no shame on your welding, welding anything that contaiminates your tig is a pain. I'm excited to see how this works out for you

I wasted 2 days trying to find TDC on this hog to realize the flywheel that came with tractor isn't right. So I burned a day yesterday driving to the closest salvage yard and they had a good 7520 flywheel. So now I can proceed some more. Hoping to hear back from pump shop today

Back