LLY trans issues

Cummins9912v

Hey guys got an 04.5 duramax. Truck is throwing a p0846 code and stuck in limp mode. Trans is on a fresh rebuild with suncoast converter, clutches, valve body. Put 2 nsbu switches in, I have traced wires to look for breaks, checked continuity in every plug, still nothing, even changed out tcm with another that I knew was good. I am stumped has anyone ever ran into this?

Last edited:
I think that's a pressure switch code. Drop the pan, check that along with the internal harness and the main plug at the tail housing.

I am the builder, every time I take the harness and unplug it, it gives me a different code. So it's starting to make me think it's the harness. But I also replaced it at the same time of rebuild

I've dropped the pan and cleaned everything, cleaned A&B pressure switch, put a new filter and fluid in and still goes into 2nd as soon as you drop it in drive. But also still has reverse

Stuck e solenoid. You can clean it 50 times and MIGHT get lucky, easy way get another valve body

The guy has a stupid big tune on a stock trans and it finally bit the dust. He won a free converter of his choice from suncoast last year at UCC so it was going to come out anyway. And yeah I've cleaned the E selenoid a couple times but haven't replaced the valve body yet

I've only gotten lucky a handful of times cleaning the valve body multiple times. Usually just find another one and do your mods to it, put it in and go.

I am the builder, every time I take the harness and unplug it, it gives me a different code. So it's starting to make me think it's the harness. But I also replaced it at the same time of rebuild

I hope you didn't charge him anything.

When you listed the mods in your first post, sounded like you swapped in a SC valve body along with their clutches and converter.

He did get a new valve body but I have since taken it out and cleaned to try and narrow down what this issue is

It's valve body. You got dirt or debri in it. Any little thing will make a valve get hung up. Don't waste any more of your time chasing wiring or other controllers. If it didn't have the issue before then it's something you did.

Back