Stick shift diesel record? (Fastest handshaker)

Brawnham

Second Gen Guru
Best I’m able to find out is a 10.20 in a duramax truck I believe? Anyone quicker than that? Cody Albrecht has to be a contender?

I’m building a 1968 Nova with a NV4500 with the hopes of hitting the record since it seems somewhat obtainable without a ton of money (being a light car)

Talking with SPEC clutches about getting a aluminum flywheel clutch made up, and will be modding the trans synchros by cutting every other tooth, it’s no Lenco or Liberty but it’s cheap and easy lol

Also if there’s a admin kickin around can they change my username to HHK?
Going to try and be more active here, Facebook killed forums and they’ve always been a wealth of information

What's the plan for power? I sold a 69 nova for cheap a couple years ago, some mistakes hurt for a long time.

To keep it “budget” and interesting I was thinking Twin HX35s with a 16cm “lagmaster” first gen exhaust housing, I’m going to spin this to 5k+ rpm so I don’t think spooling will be much of a issue. Each turbo should do 300-350hp each, so together say 600hp and hit it with some nitrous

They’re still pretty affordable cars! Go pick one up! Or a foxbody mustang, they’re a awesome chassis. There needs to be more diesel powered cars

With such a light car, I wonder if a smaller transmission would hold up like a Tremec TKO.

Wasn’t that 10.xxx Duramax a zf6 trans?
I remember seeing the video on here. Whole wiring harness was swinging around in the cab on the launch.

With such a light car, I wonder if a smaller transmission would hold up like a Tremec TKO.

The smallest trans you can probably run on a diesel is a upgraded T56, If you have traction, it doesn't really matter how much the car weights, it will break. I didn't recall seeing it, but what engine are you planning on using.

Wasn’t that 10.xxx Duramax a zf6 trans?
I remember seeing the video on here. Whole wiring harness was swinging around in the cab on the launch.

Yep, Caleb Baker from Mount Pleasant Pa.
If I remember correctly the run was at our home track Keystone Raceway.

Yep, Caleb Baker from Mount Pleasant Pa.

If I remember correctly the run was at our home track Keystone Raceway.
The person that bought baker's truck actually broke Caleb's record.
But im not sure if someone has since broken it again. The in cab video with wiring harness swinging was a different truck. I cannot recall if he reset the record or not. That thing hauled either way

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Is this one of the trucks?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0NboQFLlRM"]Fastest Manual Transmission Diesel Truck Duramax Zf6 11.48 - YouTube[/ame]

Ryan Pini's 10.67 is the quickest I know of. Thailand tube chassis trucks have been in the 7s but that's neither here nor there.

Edit...Ok maybe there....but not here :D

Last edited:
Back