4- link air suspension

Airbag it doesn't have good reviews. I would go with kelderman, fab a kit yourself(Tate on here has a really good thread on it for his 2nd gen), or Carli Long Travel Airbags(they have a kit for stock springs and another for their full progressive leafs).

My truck had a kelderman air ride on it when I bought it. What a ginormous overpriced piece of $hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a radius arm panhard link rear suspension fabbed up for my trucks rear end. On 8" 10,000lb Firestone bags. Works pretty good.

You dont want bags and a 4 link, there is no roll resistance to the bags so it will require massive sway bar to counteract body roll. How big rigs almost all do it is to put the axle in torsion when swah occurs. Note that the housings are all bolted solid to rigid or semi rigid trailing members and have no external sway bar? Thats because the trailing arm constrains the axle in a way that body roll would have to twist the axle tube. The systems that have pivot at the axle joint use swaybars because the pivot frees the axle from this torsional constraint and allows body roll.

Trailing arms and a panhard are the simplest way to go. Hell you could cut your leaf pack off 10" behind the axle, clamp on a bag seat to whats left and add a panhard, would work fine if you can package a bag with proper characteristics at the ride height you want.

Back