My Crew Cab

SIS

This will be my first build thread on CompD.

I want to thank YoungDiesel27 for putting us onto the cab. This is the cab off the old Vannest pulling truck.

Crew_Cab_2.jpg

Crew_Cab4.jpg

This was originally supposed to be my momma's truck, but she chose to buy my brother's club cab first gen.

I've started what my dad calls "the only truck I'll ever need".

Currently in the market for a nice short bed box. If anyone knows of any, please let me know!

Our plans are 3.54 CC dually rear, a set of dually fenders from the Mexicans in Texas, my compounded VE engine out of "lil Nellie", NV5600, divorced NP205, 3rd or 4th gen seats, and lots of fun.

This is me using "Big Red" to bring the donor of the crew cab short bed frame to the house.

First Gen Build frame transportation.jpg

This is where I'm at. Amazingly, the frame is nearly flawless.

first gen build frame.jpg

Heck yea! I wish I would have bought a crew cab short bed 1st gen years ago. Kick myself for not.

Guess I'm gonna be getting in on this too... been having a fair it of first gen fever here lately.

Very nice start, with some really clean metal!

What's this about a VE engine and TWO turbos!? I need more details bout that.

Real question is, will it have AC?

Very nice start, with some really clean metal!

What's this about a VE engine and TWO turbos!? I need more details bout that.

Real question is, will it have AC?

Yep, already does. This is the VE Craig ran the 13.30 1/4 mile with. It no longer has the same pump. The 14mm head seized up destroying most of that pump. It now has a 12mm Mt. Diesel hot rod pump...and air conditioning. We'll post up some pics. This truck. Notice the thing missing after some full throttle stuff???????

12 Valve Cummins Hillclimb - YouTube

Yep, already does. This is the VE Craig ran the 13.30 1/4 mile with. It no longer has the same pump. The 14mm head seized up destroying most of that pump. It now has a 12mm Mt. Diesel hot rod pump.... Notice the thing missing after some full throttle stuff??????]

Died an honorable death I'm sure. Roken tech?

Yeah I noticed, obviously needs bigger injectors, VE's just smoke and knock, never make any powerz.

What else does it have? 13.30 is rollin for a 5/6 yanker! Injector size and what not?

Hey, that's all he could afford when he was 16. But yea, we are a little on the "Old School" side. Much cheaper that way.

Nothing wrong with that! I am Old School to, people always tell me to p-pump
it, and put a overdrive trans in it. Heck I have a completely stock 727 in mine.

Back