*New* Show Me Smokers *New*

Maybe one night we could schedule a chat for everyone interested in joining to discuss all the wants and issues. Better than filling up several pages of thread and alot better than actually trying to meet face to face since we are spread out all over the place...my $.02

And I have no problem helping work on someones truck, just as long they help on mine...By the way, who has a TPS for me?:poke:

Yes i agree with JFlagg we need to get everyones feed back and let everyone voice there thoughts at once then go from there that away nobody can cry at the pull when something comes up

JFlagg said:
Maybe one night we could schedule a chat for everyone interested in joining to discuss all the wants and issues. Better than filling up several pages of thread and alot better than actually trying to meet face to face since we are spread out all over the place...my $.02

And I have no problem helping work on someones truck, just as long they help on mine...By the way, who has a TPS for me?:poke:

That sounds like a good plan. Once we get things in place we will try that out. As now i am just wanting ideas and opinions.

I'm gettin on the soapbox for this one! I think the official part of the group should be the POTATO GUN!!!! WHAT DO YA SAY!!!!:rockwoot: :hehe:

Sorry, I'm just watching at this point. Smokin knows where I stand.

:pop:

Bring your potato gun, I'm getting a new paintballgun for Xmas:evil I'll take my fullauto 20 balls/ sec over your one per minute anyday...:poke: You'll have range on me though, thats for sure...though I do have some steelpipe and propane in the garage...:badidea:

JFlagg said:
Bring your potato gun, I'm getting a new paintballgun for Xmas:evil I'll take my fullauto 20 balls/ sec over your one per minute anyday...:poke: You'll have range on me though, thats for sure...though I do have some steelpipe and propane in the garage...:badidea:

I'll hit you long before you come in range! The battle of the Show Me Smokers Begins!!!! BTW We can reload in 25secs if need be. Your dealing with the best here, not to put an ego into my itty bitty brain.

JFlagg,..

JFlagg said:
Sounds good to me....I second the "no Jayhawks sticker" rule also, my wife is a KU grad so that should rile something up...:hehe: I know some IL guys that will probably be interested too$.02

Some guys know how to live dangerously,... no supper for you. :hehe: :hehe:

What set of rules are you going to adopt? That is probably what I have seen that is an issue. Some allow twins, some allow water, some don't even tech.

zstroken said:
What set of rules are you going to adopt? That is probably what I have seen that is an issue. Some allow twins, some allow water, some don't even tech.

Some don't even care...:bang

You guys going to be in N. MO at all? I am in Nebraska but I am willing to help with what I can. I am also working on a drag truck that I would like to run with some other diesel guys.

I am interested and can make it to a few of the MO pulls as long as I get a ride there its along way back broken. Nice meeting a few of you guys this last weekend. I will be back there for the C5 day whenever that ends up being.

JohhnyFoxtrot said:
I am interested and can make it to a few of the MO pulls as long as I get a ride there its along way back broken. Nice meeting a few of you guys this last weekend. I will be back there for the C5 day whenever that ends up being.

I wouldn't be looking at that dyno day too soon....

I think the drag racing would be good to though I'm not sure what Hooked has planned. I got a feeling as the group grows they will be able to cross state lines as well but again I will see what Hooked has to say about it.

Just keeping everyone up to speed. I am working on a bunch of different things so i havent had much time to post. We have several things we are working on inculuding a Large 2 day sled pulling event with a dyno on site. This would be held at the State Fair grounds, i am going to contact vendors to see what i can come up with.

I just spoke again with the Web Site dude. I am supposed to meet with him and pick a layout for the site. Once that is in place everyone here can go to the website and read "under construction" We may even get fancy and have Bob the Builder digging a hole.

If you are in any need (or future need) of some more regional type help, then count me in for NW Missouri and NE Kansas...I'm currently truckless, but that should be different by mid spring and definitely pulling season...

also, I doubt I end up pulling this year, but will help any way I can to get the group and sport to grow...just let me know when and where to help

ps...I think some kind of group wrenching day/ meet and greet would be a good way to start this thing off...

I agree on the meet day we need to think of a central place everyone can agree on. Any ideas? As far as the wrench day goes might be a good idea to wait for warmer weather.

A wrench day sounds good, and I second the warmer weather after laying in my alley last night swapping pumps in 25* weather. As far as a central location, I think we should make a list up of everyone that wants to go and see what place would be fairly centered. Maybe if someone has a decent sized shop?

As far as a wrench day goes i can hold it at our shop we are in Stover Mo. Smokin and i have a 80x100 shop with a lift but like i said i would prefer warmer weather. But as far as a meet day hell lets plan a lunch somewhere.

I'm game for a lunch some day, hopefully someplace that serves beer with some good scenery. Where is Stover, MO also..? Nevermind, I Mapquested it...I could bring the boat too and the wife could go to the lake....:D

Last edited:
Back