Broke Piston Ring

tinkertoy

I broke the second ring twice on a new set of mahle pistons. First one broke because i barley tough the table with it ( rubbing up agaist it ). The second one broke when we was tighting the ring squesser up. Has anyone broke a new ring on a new piston just tighting it up?

Dont know the proper name of it had it a long time. It just a piece of sheet metel that is over laped in a cicrle and u open it up with a quarter inch rachet to put it around the piston and tighten it down with the rachet. Never had a problem with it before. Used it on some diesel tractors and just overhauled a jeep with no problems.

Called the company that i got the pistons and rings from and they told me to send the broke ring in and they would send it off to have it checked. Just never seen a ring that fragel.

The ones that use two or three bands around them aren't strong enough, buddy broke a few rings trying to use it. The new one has four.

The one i got has 2 banns. We've used it on a few 504 case pistons and IH and gas pistons and never had a problem with it. Ill get one that has four and 2 sets of ring and try that.
Thanks

Back