need tires, any suggestions

countryman2672

I have 35x12.50r17 dick cepek fc-II and I liked the tire until i started to see the wear. Two of them are about 20-35% and the other two have 35-40% tread left. They gripped great and handled great on and off road in wet and in snow but now after only 20,000 Im probably going to need to replace two if not all four. I need some off road performance in mud but mainly wet traction and snow. Id like to see 40,000+ on a set. My biggest problem is the power at the wheels and the light rear end so the tend to spin. Thanks for the help and suggestions. Oh I want to down size to 33s if that makes a difference.

I have about 50k on some Pro Comp X-AT and will be needing to replace them soon, still plenty legal, but I'm ready for a new set since we are in winter now. I will get the same one's, no complaints at all from me. Very light road noise, great in wet, dry, mud, snow, rain, everything really. They clean out great also. All around a great tire, and if you are worried about towing, I tow 14k almost every weekend over the summer and never had a problem with them.

I really like the Toyo ATs I had on my stock wheels (33s) the rears didn't last for chit, but the fronts lasted I'd say atleast 15k, and they still have plenty of tread left.

Now I'm running Goodyear Eagle SR-As (I think that's what they are) because I stepped up to the 20s on a whim and couldn't swing the Toyos at the time. They are a more street oriented tire, but they've done alright on the slight off-roading I've done. Well, one got sliced by a rock, and now I have 3 Goodyears and one Toyo:doh:

Toyos will be going back on when I get the money and these are worn out

The Toyos did just fine towing. Granted, my truck is rarely used to tow, but I did haul my car over South Pass with them and no issues. I don't recall them flattening out with the weight.

I like my Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/70/17 on my 3500 no lift. perform better the KM2's and BFG all terrains and Mud Grapplers in the snow

Those are all tires I was looking at I also have a local dealer that sells Cooper and I like the atr. I need a load e tire I also want a 32 or 33 to save on over all cost. How did the tetras perform in snow/ wet road. Any personal experience with the sts?

ive heard the sts are good for pulling but dont last long at all daily driving most swampers ive seen dont

Swampers suck on the road period. I never seen a set go past 10-15k.

Mickey Thompson ATZ or MTZ gets my vote. The ATZ's on mine lasted 40k (atz plus, all season). The ford has the ATZ all terrains and they have 15k and still have 70%. I think atchley got 30 or 40k from his mtz's.

Wear coupled with the performance I got from them will have me buy them for a long time.

Swampers suck on the road period. I never seen a set go past 10-15k.

Mickey Thompson ATZ or MTZ gets my vote. The ATZ's on mine lasted 40k (atz plus, all season). The ford has the ATZ all terrains and they have 15k and still have 70%. I think atchley got 30 or 40k from his mtz's.

Wear coupled with the performance I got from them will have me buy them for a long time.

Swampers do suck for the road, but man do they dig. I've burnt down so many sets of TSL's it ain't funny. I have Mickey ATZ's 36 x 15.50's on my Crew Cab Chevy and they are good for most everything except mud. Even as wide as mine are they go great in the snow. And they are really smooth and comfortable on the road for a big tire.

On my 1 ton QC 4x4 Dodge I have 35 x 12.50 x 18 cooper STT's. I really like them. I probably have 30,000 miles on them and have maybe 20% left. They back ones are pretty much shot though. They dig pretty good and clean well if you keep the wheel speed up. I've found it's best to keep them spinning in the mud rather than try and creep through it.

For all purpose the mickey's are great. Even the Baja Claws, I've had good luck with them.
For a little more mud I like the Coopers. I just wish they made a 35 x 14.50 or something a little wider and shorter.
I think next I am going to try out the KUHMO KL71 M/T's. They are 8 ply and a directional tire.

thanks,
mike

I think next I am going to try out the KUHMO KL71 M/T's. They are 8 ply and a directional tire.

thanks,
mike

Marshall and Kuhmo have the same maker (marshall is cheaper priced name, same tire) so in the future if you go that route you can save a little $$

In 2 days at work we sold 52 of them Kuhmo/Marshall M/T's
Basically the manufacturer took a Couragia M/T tread and a ProComp tread and combined them for a lot less money than either one separately

I have a local dealer thats good friends with me who said hed give me a break on coopers ATR, st, or STT I like the STT b/c it looks loke a toyo MT but a lot cheaper and apparently better wear

if you are looking for an aggressive tread i have nitto trail grapplers on my truck now, little spongey on concrete but very good on any road if you are going less than 55mph

i got 20K on mine so far and a little more than 1/2 the tread is left.

i will mention that i won't be putting this tire back on the truck, will be going with a smaller 33" terra grappler. i don't need the more aggressive tire and the 35x12.5x20 are to heavy for a daily highway driver.

i have a set of 35x12.5 r 20 pro comps and i have about 50-60k miles on them and still have another 10-20k miles before they are none road worthy. the first set i had was 35x12.5 r17 and got about 50k mile out of them doing alot of burnouts sled pulls and bumper hooks.

I got a set of Stts to last me for now b/c we got **** faced with a storm and I nearly wrecked my truck. Needless to say I needed tires asap, I think I'll be getting terras in a bit there's a size 305/70r17 it's a 34x12.50 equivalent I think itll look great and won't rub when I throw them on some 5-4.5 backspaced rims. I do have to say the Stts are amazing in snow not just on the road but in the field I could haul with no problems, they're just 265/70r17s unfortunately so they're dinky looking

Back