Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 09:31 PM   #361
bateman

Name: bateman
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Figured something along those lines. Obviously not criticizing, just not something I’ve seen before. Looks badass!

Old 12-07-2019, 12:14 PM   #362
Vincejax

Name: Vincejax
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
Looks kinda familiar huh.
I know a good idea when I see one

Old 12-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #363
iride813

Name: iride813
Member`s Gallery
Was gonna do a more traditional over under setup. But this way more weight is rearward and saved me a good bit on clamps, piping, and flanges. So that’s what I did. Got the idea from Jason and Vince! Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-10-2019, 05:56 AM   #364
Vincejax

Name: Vincejax
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iride813 View Post
Was gonna do a more traditional over under setup. But this way more weight is rearward and saved me a good bit on clamps, piping, and flanges. So that’s what I did. Got the idea from Jason and Vince! Thanks guys

Credit to Jasonc on this one, I just copied his setup!

Old 12-10-2019, 09:27 AM   #365
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Placed a order for everything to finish the chargers this morning. Hope to try to knock them out this weekend.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:08 AM   #366
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Waiting on one more 90 to come in. But the kit is almost done. Haven’t been tig welding but a couple weeks now slowly getting the hang of it. Will be close on clearing the hood. If I end up with any issues I’ll trim the hood around the charge pipe. Not really worried about it. Ready to see how it spools.heres a few pics
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #367
iride813

Member`s Gallery
After some thought and consideration. 5.90 index is the new plan for the truck. My 13mm will be done sometime around early to mid February. So in the meantime I’m gonna work on getting the safety aspect of the truck right. Need a 8.50 cert to run 5.90 which the cage currently should qualify. Just a few spots are questionable.

Ended up getting froggy and decided to build a runner and cut the shelf off to open up more porting. Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:11 PM   #368
bateman

Member`s Gallery
Good sht man. Those welds look killer for someone new to a torch in my opinion.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:53 AM   #369
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Haven’t posted a update In alitte while, been busy doing stuff to the truck. Aswell I’ve been picking up a bunch of parts for a good deal when I find them. This year the truck should be quick if I can put it to the ground. Picked up some new harts 5x25s. Also got a new head that’s been fully worked wjth a runner. Pump is being built next week. Should have 1000ccs on tap. Also currently redoing the cage and will be having it certified here in a few weeks. Will also be logging some data. Got a budget friendly logger setup from just race parts. Excited to be able to see what the truck is actually doing.

Old 02-10-2020, 09:42 AM   #370
iride813

Member`s Gallery
New head with runner taken off. It’s been ported pretty heavily. I’m gonna see what all is left to come on out and possibly do some more by hand. Click the image to open in full size.

Pulled my old head off and all 6 pistons and cylinders look great! Currently I’m cutting the previous cage apart in the truck preparing to redo it all.

Old 02-25-2020, 12:20 PM   #371
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Won’t have no issues with staging this year. Picked up a goerend transbrake setup. About time to start assembling the truck back. Which is good. Don’t know how much more the wallet can take lol. Will be uploading some pics soon! Got a lot of shiney goodys for the truck.

Old 02-25-2020, 12:34 PM   #372
bateman

Member`s Gallery
Always good to pull a head and find 6 good holes lol. Trans brake is going to be nice!

Old 02-26-2020, 11:40 AM   #373
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Guess this doesn’t really qualify as a budget build anymore. Between changing goals with the truck etc. has led to spending a lot more then ever planned but part of it right! If the truck makes the power it should and can put it to the ground with what it weighs I’m hoping to see some mid to low 5s turned up. Plan is to dial it down and run 5.90 for odss stuff. Gonna be updating a lot these next few weeks. Got 5 weeks before the first race I want to make! Will be uploading lots of pics. Currently last night stripped every thing from the truck. Cutting the old cage apart tonight. Will post pics

Old 02-26-2020, 03:58 PM   #374
RMJ_LB7

Name: RMJ_LB7
Member`s Gallery
Keep us updated!

01 LB7 Duramax Single Cab Short Bed Project Truck - SOLD before finished.

02 CCSB LB7 Duramax - Tuned, lift pump, trans build coming shortly.

Instagram: rmj_lb7

Old 02-26-2020, 04:54 PM   #375
bateman

Member`s Gallery
Yea man. Good luck with it. Looking forward to seeing some runs.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:36 AM   #376
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Spent 3 hours welding up my runner. Whoever had it previous couldn’t weld very good and it cracked on 4 runners and they just filled it full of jb weld lol. So it’s been a process getting it clean to weld. And still found stuff buried below the surface. But it came out decent and shouldn’t have to worry about cracks anymore. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:02 PM   #377
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Well my pump is at south side injection getting ready to have the 13mm barrels and plungers put on. Andy threw it on the bench the way it was just to see how it did and how even they were from where I hand racked it. Made 540ccs not bad for alittle 180 pump. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Old 03-08-2020, 09:34 PM   #378
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Got the new lift pump in from powerdriven. Excited to not have to worry about electric pumps keeping up anymore!

Kind of on a time crunch. Local diesel race running the first weekend of April. Goal is to make it out there to rest for Rudy’s. Gonna be a busy few weeks. Cut the cage out of the truck completely. And gonna redo it better and where it should pass 8.50 cert since I have to have it to run 5.90 in odss. Pump should be done by next weekend.

Old 03-17-2020, 05:59 PM   #379
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Time is winding down got news my injectors and pump are finished. Wanna say a huge thanks to Andy at southside injection. I highly recommend him for any pump needs you may have! If you have any questions about having a pump built, injectors cleaned, tested, or anything in that line of work his contact is 864-328-7640!! Has a super quick turn around time aswell.

Plan is to set the truck on 800ccs and see how it runs will be keeping the single 88 for the time being due to not wanting to hurt the block with all the fueling available now. Picked up a goerend transbrake valvebody setup. So no more staging issues this year either I’m hoping. And also during the time being I ported my new head a good bit. Cut out the majority of the swirl to make the most use of the runner and ported just about as much as I felt comfortable with the water ports. I’m running dry this year but still didn’t want to ruin a head for good.

Here’s a before on the intakeClick the image to open in full size.

Here’s a after still hadn’t smoothed it yet didn’t get no finished pics sadly Click the image to open in full size.

Ready to see what this year holds. Power wise the truck should be wild. However gonna keep the big single trying to make the rods and block live. New setup is gonna be 5x25 harts dual feeds 8-900ccs on the pump the 488 charger with both kits of nitrous!! My new head with a custom runner, will also be non intercooled and will be logging every pass trying to use nitrous to cool intake air temps! Time will tell. First race I want to attend is the first weekend of April. Time is getting short!

Old 03-17-2020, 06:08 PM   #380
iride813

Member`s Gallery
Some more pics Click the image to open in full size.

Closed Thread