Puller Transfer Case NP205 or NP241DLD

What about running a high pinion rear axle ? I believe Dana and corporate axles had models with a high pinion- I know Dana did. That will help with some of the driveshaft issues

What about running a high pinion rear axle ? I believe Dana and corporate axles had models with a high pinion- I know Dana did. That will help with some of the driveshaft issues

I have one of the Ford 271's here actually

Well, I think I am going to just suck it up and run one. I have a clocking ring and made a cardboard cutout of the case. It will clear if I clock it and the front DS will be about perfect. It will eat up about 7-8" of rear length, but I'll run a double cardan joint off the Ford flange and rotate the pinion straight to the case.

I found a Ford one on the CL for $400.

Keck Machine makes some nice stuff to bolster the NP205, might be worth checking out. Although as cheap like the CL 271 though..lol.

I ran the factory 29 spline np205 in my old race truck it ended up with a 47re with an o/s output shaft. It would run 7.08@98mph in the 1/8th. It put down 962hp/1472tq I was only running about a 32” nitto 420 but it would turn all four over if you launched it hard enough. I never had an issue with my 205.

Dodge ran a 241D (not LD or HD) with a fixed yoke output in the 1989-1993 GAS trucks, but it was a passenger's side drop.
I believe the extension housing and output shaft MIGHT be swappable into a DHD or DLD driver's side drop, never looked into it.

It will fit a 205's 1410 rear yoke with a seal swap.

Mark.

Last edited:
Dodge ran a 241D (not LD or HD) with a fixed yoke output in the 1989-1993 GAS trucks, but it was a passenger's side drop.
I believe the extension housing and output shaft MIGHT be swappable into a DHD or DLD driver's side drop, never looked into it.

It will fit a 205's 1410 rear yoke with a seal swap.

Mark.

Thanks Mark, I'll look and see what that output shaft look like.

I'm not sure how tough they are, but an np200 has both outputs on the bottom. They are massive, I'd imagine they're at least as strong as a 205.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Maybe it’s more money than what you want to spend, but have you looked into Atlas transfer case?

From what I have read, they are weaker than a 205.

I'm not sure how tough they are, but an np200 has both outputs on the bottom. They are massive, I'd imagine they're at least as strong as a 205.

I was looking at them but couldn't find much info except a guy on pirate4x4 said they are ancient pieces of..... I am beginning to realize that site is not what it used to be.

I just picked up a Ford NP271. See how it looks in the truck here soon once I tear it apart.

I also don't think they are made for high RPM, might really limit speed to 55 or so.

Yeah, it's old tech for sure. Guys referred to them as the hillbilly drop case because you could clock them straight down. I know some of the old school monster truck guys ran them, and some of the mud guys.

Yeah, it's old tech for sure. Guys referred to them as the hillbilly drop case because you could clock them straight down. I know some of the old school monster truck guys ran them, and some of the mud guys.

Yea, they used to run them around here. I was hoping I could run one, but I just don't think they would be good for a daily driver.

I got a NP271 out of a Ford and it fits without a clocking ring. A little longer than I wanted but looking at the size of the shafts and chain, I would say this case is the way to go. A LOT more beef than the 241 and 205 cases.

DnfJxpKl.jpg

iwpZ7aIl.jpg

Back