Race Trailer Renovation

Next we decided on some “Wetprotect” laminate flooring that is supposed to be water proof. I laid that down while my wife started painting cabinets.

I ordered a 24x40” shower/bath tub which will almost double the shower size, and with it being a tub hopefully that will help keep water inside better. I am kinda wide so a 24”x24” shower was pretty comical. Smh

I ordered all 6 new brake setups, and found a complete dinnett set off marketplace for a good deal. I also ordered a 30 gallon fresh water tank to fit under my second bench section to double my fresh water storage.

3d5e0f0a24a7517adedbb0654102a6ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a about three days worth of work into it so far, we are at the beach this week but when I get back I am going to hit it hard so we can use it for the next race on Aug 7-8th.

7af3fc9c5bce0a34ed59567280866125.jpg

bf2bea3b47990bdb5a9a977fe2fa1687.jpg

I ordered some epoxy for the countertops and table, hopefully that turns out well. I need to rebuild some parts of the cabinets that were rotted and get the fridge, stove, sink, and drawers back in. We have a bunch of small aesthetic things planned, but for now I am mainly in functional mode. Just get everything working so we can use it and we can add the nicer stuff later. Backsplash, trim, possibly crown molding, lights etc.

Up in the neck I am going to remove all of the cabinets, replace the carpet, and upgrade to a king size mattress. I am also trying to find some nice blinds that won’t beat around going down the highway. I am considering putting some ceramic tint on all of the windows.

I also pulled the furnace out, it didn’t work and added a lot of chit with all the piping for vents and gas lines. I plan on switching to an AC unit that does heat as well one day.

0229c38f03213581468c0e66e039350a.jpg

Okay guys, I have been hitting this project hard for the past 5 days and it is getting closer to be finished. Right now it is functional, but I still have a lot to finish up.

I need to put in new trim, a small wall, and build a fold-out chair under the TV that a kid could sleep on. I didn’t get many pictures because my camera quit working, so I had to use my wife’s phone.

f6a4e860fe07808abcb0ecd7dd9232d3.jpg

0a9d5f60be72efeba2268f77ed9db33c.jpg

4bcddd4f53f441a7c7bb5b13a64aecde.jpg

adc1e9cf361f11ff98d5764045548d8b.jpg

Thats a trailer?!? Cripes, that looks like an apartment. Nice job!
Youve got some very fine skills -- first how nice the truck turned out, now this. Congrats!

Wow, I really like how that turned out! Great job!

I do prefer the white interior. Really brightens up the small space!

I appreciate it guys, we are at the track now at Texas Truck Jam in Ennis.

That’s amazing work man. Only downfall in my trailer is no shower. I am about to gut and redo a lot of mine this winter of all goes well.

What do you think of that laminate? I have been thinking of using some of this in our basement. Same install as regular laminate?

That’s amazing work man. Only downfall in my trailer is no shower. I am about to gut and redo a lot of mine this winter of all goes well.

I appreciate it, the shower is really nice when you’ve been sweating all day. I shower before I even drive home. Lol

What did you use at the end of a run against the wall to hammer the small flooring joint together?

I laid down laminate floor in the living quarter and botched up a few ends with my hammer and hard wood spacer on the laminate piece.

Sweet looking trailer inside. Very high class for a south Texas boy.

What did you use at the end of a run against the wall to hammer the small flooring joint together?

I laid down laminate floor in the living quarter and botched up a few ends with my hammer and hard wood spacer on the laminate piece.

Sweet looking trailer inside. Very high class for a south Texas boy.

Thank ya sir, I used this tool. You put one end over the edge of the laminate and hit the other end of the lip with a hammer. Works great.

ba4b8469b702925ef176f15c4035ced2.jpg

Okay, finally took some more pictures. I have been working on this thing quite a bit the last couple weeks. It’s easier to just make a list of everything I have done.

New wheels

Two new spare tires

Tinted all windows with 5% ceramic

Removed all cabinets in neck

Removed old carpet in neck

Installed new king size mattress

Installed new carpet in neck

Installed crown molding

Installed new baseboards/trim

Touch up paint

Started building fold out chair under tv

Started building cabinets for fuse panel

Acid washed all exterior aluminum trim

Installed new door seals

Resealed all exterior doors and windows/vents/panels

Installed shower curtain with curved rod

Resealed roof in garage area

Built door brackets to mount truck door on the wall of the trailer

Built strap hanger

Acid washed aluminum floor

Shortened hitch back to stock

Installed stainless “sheeting” on refrigerator

Built a custom step with Texas outline in epoxy.

I’m sure I am forgetting a bunch, but here are the pics. I need to finish up the cabinets and chair by the door and it get some hose for the extra water tank and build a headboard for the mattress. I would also like to upgrade all of the marker lights to clear or smoked LEDs. Then I will move on the the garage area, it needs all new trim on the roof and I want to replace all the lights inside with LEDs.

And yes, I have airbags coming this Tuesday for my dually. Lol

2b53e65b663fc77b343c7445a6e845bb.jpg

d9f529af790e9dd2581e67380017e0f6.jpg

781dce6d090cbc9becfcdcb02007fc67.jpg

24114d15cdb6ec83f539b318843cf9f1.jpg

01b38ecbbeb2eb095001124fb35cd27e.jpg

d84062890195dd05210abb592bd2b6d4.jpg

8b44671bf16ad6b66a29a6258ba5604a.jpg

9dc911ebc4d7f4c75167f1433e45c164.jpg

85f68137eabf38e0c5a3fee8011889fd.jpg

Back