2009 f350 C&C

gwhammy

Is the tail light wiring colors the same on a cab and chassis as a regular pickup bed truck? My truck came with the wires cut on the back and I'd like to wire in a regular plug so I could use plug in wiring for the trailer plug.

No it isn't. Post a pic of what you are working with. Trailer plug will be a separate harness than tail lights.

I'll help you out with part number for pigtails to spice on to get it back to factory.

Mine is one bundle of wires they had cut and patched into for the box it had. I do have the backup lights on to plugs other than that it one loom of wires. I'm not seeing two harnesses.

I figured them all out but one and couldn't get anything hot or ground out of it. It's a heavier wire, red I think. Thanks

Your making me wonder now. I pinched the brake controller together to test it. With the key on that should have made the brake wire hot right?

Your making me wonder now. I pinched the brake controller together to test it. With the key on that should have made the brake wire hot right?

only if the gain is cranked up with the + / - button. Its inertia activated so wont show much with the slider if the truck isnt moving.

only if the gain is cranked up with the + / - button. Its inertia activated so wont show much with the slider if the truck isnt moving.

You need to put a light bulb on the trailer wire and when you squeeze the controller it will then light.

Back