air shut off

amongold

I have a 5" air shut off from you and it doesn't kill the truck? Is that normal or should it shut the truck off? It bogs down but doesn't kill it. Will this pass tech? Thanks

I have a 5" air shut off from you and it doesn't kill the truck? Is that normal or should it shut the truck off? It bogs down but doesn't kill it. Will this pass tech? Thanks

Mine will run with the truck on. Most shut offs are that way. The big thing is that it bogs it down.

We have had a couple guys mention it before, I think even Dan has. Give me a call during the week 616-608-2977 Chris

Mine isn't a complete seal the way mine mounts to the turbo, and might be part of the issue. The thing is it won't make any power with the air shut activated. To me it serves the purpose. I don't see it sealing any worse than a blast gate or a flapper that others use.

It will not shut the engine off at idle....But I can tell you first hand it will at 4500RPM when your pump sticks

Here is mine. Sealed air SO. These will surely kill the engine.
7dab871a.jpg

e77ba325.jpg

f98cf6ca.jpg

Ok thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it. It is just still sucking air around the butterfly a little. Just wanted to make sure it would pass tech. I ran a fuel kill last year so wasn't sure how the air kill acted. Thanks again

Back