Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > PDI Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
82ndsnpr

Name: 82ndsnpr
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
dynoed my PDI built rig

hey boys just letting you all know i dynoed my black mega got 550 on the rollers, making a few changes like dumping the pmt and going smarty got the 625 studs comming so i can crank the boost and working on a line on the dual cp3s. trying to figure out a stack to run with the smary if you boys got any ideas let me know so far im looking at a tst with mp8

Old 06-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
kmkdiesel

Name: kmkdiesel
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
try keeping the pmt and stacking with a tst
2009/ 3500/ Laramie/ Mega Cab/ Electric Blue/ Blackmaxx/ATS Stage 6 48re/ TS Mp8/ 66-74-14/ Pdi manifold/ 50% over nozzles/ H&S Intake Horn And Boost Tube/ Afe stage 2 CAI/ Shaved,Flycut,Coated Pistons/ A1-H11 Headstuds

Old 06-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
82ndsnpr

Member`s Gallery
so what tst are you saying new to the boxes only press box i have seen is the mp8, what tune do you run in the pmt i tried to load the crazy larry and that should have been what it was on when i ran my three runs on the dyno

Old 06-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #4
dzlfarmboy

Name: dzlfarmboy
Title: Supporting Vendor
Member`s Gallery
What are the goals your looking to reach?

Old 06-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
haloman

Name: haloman
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like you are working at it. Stack a TS-MP8 with that smarty for some additional fine tuning. The TST might not even be availible for your truck depending on what month in 06' it was built.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #6
Pdidiesel

Name: Pdidiesel
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Finding a good stack is really just taking the time and money to purchase different products and spend all day on a dyno. Without the dyno numbers to back up the claims a lot of the stacks you'll find out there are really just people blowing smoke. They think that they can feel it by the seat of their pants but have never put their truck on a dyno to find out for sure. My suggestion is not to waist the money doing this and instead invest it in a reliable power gaining method, Injectors. You can get new body injectors for about $425 each, this might be more money than a stack but you have the options for greater power gains and a smoother ride.

If you choose to go with a stack, our suggestion is to contact manufactures and see if they are willing to open up to you and reveal the kind of tuning used to create the power, you don’t want to over load your engine with too much timing and you will want to check as see if you have enough fuel pressure to handle those tunes that require huge fuel demands.

If you can truly find the Crazy Larry out there after its been removed from Bully Dogs Site, you could choose to run that. The one that was available for the PMT wasn’t the same as the older versions that you can find for the Triple Dog. There are different versions out there that can help, some that will allow you to turn up your rev limiter and turn off your torque management. These can be found if you just ask around, somebody will have them saved to their computer for safe keeping and be willing to email the file to you.
2007 Dodge 6.7 Cummins -- Edge Juice W/Attitude, Fass 150/150, Industrial Injection Dual CP3 Kit, Industrial Injection Stage 3 Injectors, Silver 62 Turbo, DTI DPF Delete Kit and S&B Stage 2 Cold Air Intake--650 HP 1300+ torque

Old 06-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
82ndsnpr

Member`s Gallery
i am running 90hp II sticks that pdi installed for me and i have the crazy larry installed on the PMT i dont know which on it is but PDI put it on my PMT for me a week or so ago. As for the stacks i feel you with the dyno i thought we had one lined up for a few hours untill they found out we were going to run diesel trucks on it then they backed out. I am buying studs so i can crank the bullet up and get more boost out of it just looking for a way to get the pressure up to the sticks.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
82ndsnpr

Member`s Gallery
oh we are looking to get into 700+ hp on single turbo then down the line i will go twins but got to convince the wife first so taking it slow right now.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #9
Pdidiesel

Name: Pdidiesel
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndsnpr View Post
oh we are looking to get into 700+ hp on single turbo then down the line i will go twins but got to convince the wife first so taking it slow right now.
Shouldn't be to hard just go buy her something first, that will make a soft spot and after that you can tell her the good new about your new truck parts.
2007 Dodge 6.7 Cummins -- Edge Juice W/Attitude, Fass 150/150, Industrial Injection Dual CP3 Kit, Industrial Injection Stage 3 Injectors, Silver 62 Turbo, DTI DPF Delete Kit and S&B Stage 2 Cold Air Intake--650 HP 1300+ torque

Old 06-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #10
82ndsnpr

Member`s Gallery
yea the boys at pdi are my heros when i had the truck built she went in to pay and was crying she was emotional since i was in iraq but they calmed her right down and told her it was all worth the cost and once she drove it she loved the truck so much she wants to buy another and build her one

Old 06-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #11
kmkdiesel

Name: kmkdiesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndsnpr View Post
yea the boys at pdi are my heros when i had the truck built she went in to pay and was crying she was emotional since i was in iraq but they calmed her right down and told her it was all worth the cost and once she drove it she loved the truck so much she wants to buy another and build her one
I gotta find me a wife like that
2009/ 3500/ Laramie/ Mega Cab/ Electric Blue/ Blackmaxx/ATS Stage 6 48re/ TS Mp8/ 66-74-14/ Pdi manifold/ 50% over nozzles/ H&S Intake Horn And Boost Tube/ Afe stage 2 CAI/ Shaved,Flycut,Coated Pistons/ A1-H11 Headstuds

Closed Thread