Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Pro Pulling League(PPL)
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #61
D&J Precision

Name: D&J Precision
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
They are updated on there site

Old 01-17-2015, 09:50 PM   #62
JL Builders

Name: JL Builders
Title: On a quest for more power
Member`s Gallery
Still leaves a lot of grey area. They make no mention of a height restriction on the head.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:53 PM   #63
Pony_Kegger

Name: Pony_Kegger
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Does this new rule mean that the hamilton head is out now.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:46 PM   #64
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Member`s Gallery
http://www.propulling.com/images/pdf...le-changes.pdf

Am I reading something different than everyone else? Doesn't it say the "Head must be OEM for that brand engine"? Doesn't that mean that in the Pro Street Diesel Truck Class that ONLY a Cummins, Duramax or Power Stroke head may be used? Those are the ONLY OEM manufacturers of the heads for those engines, Hamilton, Dart, Wagler or anyone else from the aftermarket would not be an OEM head for that brand of engine so those heads could not be used...

This is the part I really don't understand...
"Outside of cylinder head must measure factory width and length." To follow that rule how could ANY of the Cummins powered Pro Street trucks use a head (Cummins or otherwise) that has the intake milled off to allow an aftermarket side draft intake to be used? Milling the intake would make the head narrower than the factory width, so by that rule the engines would need to use a full factory head and factory style intake. Wouldn't that be a huge step backwards in power and performance for all the Cummins trucks?

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #65
WI Huck

Name: WI Huck
Title: Where does the time go?
Member`s Gallery
Or, does OEM mean that the heads from a Ford can’t be used on a Chevy or Dodge etc. How that would work with dissimilar bolt patterns and sizes would require a lot of effort. If they intended to not allow aftermarket heads on the engines why would they have size requirements? Original equipment heads would be the same size as original equipment heads. It could simply say “no aftermarket heads permitted”, in the same way aftermarket blocks are prohibited.
3a. Maximum engine size will be 460 cubic inch. Engines must come from factory in one ton or smaller Diesel pickup truck. Engine must remain in stock location as intended by manufacturer.
3b. No aftermarket blocks permitted.

2003 Chevrolet Duramax Pulling Truck "Never Enough"
2014 Ram 5500 4x4 Pickup

BADGER STATE TRACTOR PULLERS
HUCKSTORF DIESEL

Old 01-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #66
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Member`s Gallery
Yup, who knows what they mean for sure, I thought that would be part of the clarification...

But, OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer so I do not see a way that it can be translated into aftermarket manufacturer. I can't think of any reason someone would want to use a Cummins head on something other than a Cummins or a Duramax head on something other than a Duramax and so on... Like you said the bolt pattern and such would make it nearly impossible.

What about the machined Cummins heads? How are those going to be allowed when they are no longer factory width and length?

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:27 AM   #67
WI Huck

Name: WI Huck
Title: Where does the time go?
Member`s Gallery
Updated again http://www.propulling.com/images/pdf...HANGES-PPL.pdf

2003 Chevrolet Duramax Pulling Truck "Never Enough"
2014 Ram 5500 4x4 Pickup

BADGER STATE TRACTOR PULLERS
HUCKSTORF DIESEL

Old 01-28-2015, 06:45 AM   #68
kjpcummins

Name: kjpcummins
Member`s Gallery
Looks like you can run billet heads in 2.6 and 3.0 now.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:29 AM   #69
jones95runner

Name: jones95runner
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpcummins View Post
Looks like you can run billet heads in 2.6 and 3.0 now.
. Billet with a factory style shelf? who the hell writes this chit. Not arguing with you just amazing they changed this twice and still as screwed as it was before. Actually worse. I was told the original intention for the whole rule was to say no billet heads. Maybe I'm wrong.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:35 AM   #70
kjpcummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones95runner View Post
. Billet with a factory style shelf? who the hell writes this chit. Not arguing with you just amazing they changed this twice and still as screwed as it was before. Actually worse. I was told the original intention for the whole rule was to say no billet heads. Maybe I'm wrong.
Do you run a oem head with the stock intake shelf still on it or has it been milled off. It should be either oem head or aftermarket. If you going to allow a aftermarket cast head you sbould allow a billet head.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:46 AM   #71
jones95runner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Do you run a oem head with the stock intake shelf still on it or has it been milled off. It should be either oem head or aftermarket. If you going to allow a aftermarket cast head you sbould allow a billet head.
Oem milled. By the way I read it though milled should not be allowed. I could care less though. Only ppl pull I would go to is schied and ts. Although I do disagree with if they allow aftermarket cast to allow billet too. If you want a billet head their is a class for you.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #72
kjpcummins

Member`s Gallery
How is a aftermarket cast head any different than a billet head. Its just a different process with same end result.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #73
jones95runner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
How is a aftermarket cast head any different than a billet head. Its just a different process with same end result.
Not worth arguing about. Just no reason to have to buy a 10k head to compete in 2.6 or 3.0. There is a reason 10+ 3.0 trucks are for sale

Closed Thread