Selling hop up parts to California

JariV

Business Owner
Hello,

I've seem many site sponsors here not selling their parts to California. It pisses me off.

If the vehicle is a 1997 or older there is no California SMOG requirements for a diesel powered vehicle as can be read from here:
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/smogfaq

This means you can build them the way you want to if the model year is 1997 or older.

Has any other CA resident encountered problems buying stuff out of state?:bang

Last edited:
Other question:

Which sellers here on the forum now are living up to their promises and deliver fast without hassle?

I went to several sponsors threads here and read about multiple problems. Who can I trust nowadays that sells hop up parts and delivers too as promised?

That's interesting, because 1997s can be either CA emissions, or Federal emissions, at least by the injection pump applications.
I have also seen '97 CA trucks with EGR valves.

As far as not shipping to CA, some people (businesses) actually recognize the tyranny your government enforces on people, with regard to being CARB compliant and how "gray area" CA can be on some stuff.

Noone wants to be sued by a state, just for shipping a non-compliant part to a consumer.

By having it's overzealous rules, California is effectively cutting itself off from the rest of the country and it's hurting it's citizens in doing so.

Mark.

Move.

No one want to deal with your state...legal or not, they don't want to deal with it. We used to take a couple loads of equipment. to California every year for a sale...we won't now because we got tired of the paperwork and sitting at the checkpoints to drive into that god forsaken place.

Chris

Had a guy from CA buy an ECM from a 2000 truck a year ago, for his 1999 truck and sent it to Bob Wagner to be programmed for his truck.
Worked out great until this year, then they failed him and won't let it pass.

Apparently CARB updated their way of reading the ECM over the last year and now it shows that the ECM was originally for the 2000 and even though it passes visually and performance wise, since it doesn't "match" numbers in some way, it fails.

Damned tree hugging communists, anyway.

Mark.

A while back I tried to buy a nice Edelbrock air cleaner assembly for a dual quad setup from Summit racing. The car is a 1972(no smog), and they cancelled my online order saying they could not sell modified components for my car. So I went to Jeggs and ordered it. Kind of weird how this state does stuff, but it is what it is. They break federal immigration laws and federal drug laws, but then will obsessively enforce laws that don't apply to older vehicles. And yes, our gov is an old piece of crap. But then it runs in the family. His father was the worst governor in CA history.

Last edited:
Other question:

Which sellers here on the forum now are living up to their promises and deliver fast without hassle?

I went to several sponsors threads here and read about multiple problems. Who can I trust nowadays that sells hop up parts and delivers too as promised?

Power driven ships 12v Stuff to California

A while back I tried to buy a nice Edelbrock air cleaner assembly for a dual quad setup from Summit racing. The car is a 1972(no smog), and they cancelled my online order saying they could not sell modified components for my car. So I went to Jeggs and ordered it. Kind of weird how this state does stuff, but it is what it is. They break federal immigration laws and federal drug laws, but then will obsessively enforce laws that don't apply to older vehicles. And yes, our gov is an old piece of crap. But then it runs in the family. His father was the worst governor in CA history.
Thanks Ron haha

JEGS to pay $1.7M for illegal auto parts sales in California - The Drive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Pure diesel power always shipped stuff quick to me.

According to your sig you don't live in Commiefornia.

So ironic. Several performance industries in Ca. like Edelbrock, how ships products the wholesalers like Jeg's who in turn gets fined for shipping California's products back to them.

Hello,

I've seem many site sponsors here not selling their parts to California. It pisses me off.

If the vehicle is a 1997 or older there is no California SMOG requirements for a diesel powered vehicle as can be read from here:
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/smogfaq

This means you can build them the way you want to if the model year is 1997 or older.

Has any other CA resident encountered problems buying stuff out of state?:bang

I know it sucks here in CA. I got rid of my supercharged e30 because I got tired of the smog issue and the last year I had it they sent a star smog and I was like he'll with this.

Back