mach6 to mach7

lco

just wondering if there is much advantage going from mach6's to mach7's. i'm looking at a truck right now that has 6s. also can f1 mod 6's into 7's?

unless you plan to use twins on nitrous stay with the 6's

my truck made 581 on mach 7's and DonM says it would have done over 600 with Mach 6's as the 7's are designed for nitrous/twins, not big singles on fuel only

mysterync said:
Are you saying im going to loose power with my 8+++++'s?

i dont have a clue, im just telling you what don told me...i dont run his stuff so i really dont know, i was only trying some mach 7's to see what they would do with my turbo for brett

lco said:
just wondering if there is much advantage going from mach6's to mach7's. i'm looking at a truck right now that has 6s. also can f1 mod 6's into 7's?

Yeah if stayin with a single charger keep the 6's but if spraying or going to twins 7's would be good. I will have some 7's for sale sometime soon.

Here is the difference between 6, 7, and 8's.

• 6's or 6++ are the best injector for the single turbo crowd. You will normally see 10-20 RWHP more than using to 7's.
  • 7's are geared towards the twin turbo guys seeking maxium HP out of their trucks.
  • 8's are for nitrous users, you will see about 30-40 more RWHP on nitrous than using 7's. But you will also see about 15-20 RWHP less than 7's on #2 alone.

So based on this pick the injectors that will be best for the job. As you can see bigger doesn't always mean better or more HP.

Jetpilot, I was just about to make the switch from 6's to 7's along with switching to an SO vp-44. Should I stick with the 6's for more overall power. Running a Silver bullet.
Thanks,
Alex

Yeah stick with the 6's

Alright, thanks man, I am glad I caught this thread I was hours away from selling. AS long as the 6's will yield the most power and performance for the strip that is where I will stay.

So for drag racing 6's will be my best bet?

Alright, thanks man, I am glad I caught this thread I was hours away from selling. AS long as the 6's will yield the most power and performance for the strip that is where I will stay.

So for drag racing 6's will be my best bet?

Alex,

Yes the 6's will yield the best results.

Back