2011 gmc 3500 (junk)

Morpheus

FART SMUCKER
Well my truck now has 11,000+ miles on it and has been back to the dealer 4 times and has to go back yet again for the DEF system yet again. Its been updated with the recall program for the DEF system which worked for about 2 miles then the light came back on. Then they drained and refilled the DEF fluid reset the light and that worked for about 100 miles now the DEF and CEL are back on again.

If you like driving your truck instead of leaving it at the dealer. DON'T BUY A GMC THERE JUNK.

I've also had the module that controls the Bluetooth and Onstar fail which had to be replaced the first month I had the truck. Also had a couple plastic trim pieces fall off the truck while driving down the interstate.

I wish I had kept my DODGE!

Wow that defenitely sucks. All three brands are making them cheaper and cheaper and marking the price up and up. All of them are gonna have they're flaws mydad has a 2011 gmc and never had any problems yet with 18k on it mines and 08 and seems to be a good truck other then the tpms always throwing a fit. My boss bought a 2011 cummins had it three months and clutch was burnt out of it, and it was 100% stock. Another guy we worked with has a 2010 cummins and the truck just competely lost power going down the interstate, unfortunately he was towing a equipment trailor at the time. Only thing that saved him is he was going up hill where gravity kept the trailor from pushing him down the hill. had it hauled to the dealer, the service manager said that the computer shorted out and was fried..

Hope your luck turns around and it turns out to be a good truck for you.

My boss's gmc did the same thing. then they replaced every component on the def system and hasn't had a problem in the last 10k miles.

Dealer called me and said they're replacing the DPF filters. So basically the exhaust is being replaced. They said 5 days to get the parts. So I should have it back in a week. It's nice to know a new really expensive truck has so many problems. I wonder how bad it will be if I keep it long enough for the bumper to bumper warranty to expire with this many issues at 11,000 miles? I'm collecting all the paperwork from both dealers that it's been to. I already have the Lemon Law paperwork from NYS. If I so much as hiccups after I get it back. I'm damn sure filling the Lemon paperwork.

That's not acceptable. Those of us that rely on our trucks to work every day can not afford the down time.
Hope they get it straightened out for you soon.
If it comes down to it, you know you can always get rid of all that emissions garbage!
You will lose your warranty, but will also lose the main reasons for needing it.

shouldve got a dodge, my 2010 is a beast. Good luck though

Idiot. There are new POS Dodges just like there are POS 6.7 'Strokes and POS LML's. There is a lot of tech on the new trucks, and a helluva lot to go wrong...ON ANY BRAND. Don't think you got shafted because of the brand...they're all trying to up the HP/TQ while conforming to ever increasing emissions standards. Some are worse than others, but you may have a bad one. Lemon law it, but don't discount GM. (FYI, I drive a Cummins)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Idiot. There are new POS Dodges just like there are POS 6.7 'Strokes and POS LML's. There is a lot of tech on the new trucks, and a helluva lot to go wrong...ON ANY BRAND. Don't think you got shafted because of the brand...they're all trying to up the HP/TQ while conforming to ever increasing emissions standards. Some are worse than others, but you may have a bad one. Lemon law it, but don't discount GM. (FYI, I drive a Cummins)

^^^ What he said. It's not just the big 3 with light duty trucks. Just about every manufacturer producing products with diesel engines are fighting problems. My uncles brand new at the time Peterbilt went to the shop several times for DPF related issues. After several trips it was finally resolved. Imagine spending $130,000 on a truck that's not making money to sit still.

I'm brand loyal so I'll say what I want, of course I'll prefer a dodge. Till your big enough to call me a idiot to my face keep your mouth shut

I'm brand loyal so I'll say what I want, of course I'll prefer a dodge. Till your big enough to call me a idiot to my face keep your mouth shut

LMFAO...an internet fight challenge! I tell you what, lets both take cell phone pics in our respective bathrooms, post them up here, and everybody can vote on who would win...you absolute phucking child.

Clearly you're not an idiot, your interweb physical challenge proved me wrong there. You do, however, seem to be a complete phucking douche. I'd bet a weeks pay that the best and brightest part of your DNA ran down the crack of your momma's ass. Have a nice day, bud.

Why does every thread have to turn into a pissing match?
I work on all brands and i will tell you that THEY ARE ALL PIECES OF CHIT when they are broke. And they all break. You have the same likelyhood of getting a dud with any brand these days. They all basically use the same fuel and emissions systems.

I work on all brands and i will tell you that THEY ARE ALL PIECES OF CHIT when they are broke. And they all break. You have the same likelyhood of getting a dud with any brand these days. They all basically use the same fuel and emissions systems.

The man speaks the truth. I say pick the interior and appearance you like, buy it and STFU!

^^^ What he said. It's not just the big 3 with light duty trucks. Just about every manufacturer producing products with diesel engines are fighting problems. My uncles brand new at the time Peterbilt went to the shop several times for DPF related issues. After several trips it was finally resolved. Imagine spending $130,000 on a truck that's not making money to sit still.

A guy I know had the best quote about the new trucks that I've heard " its like sharing custody of a kid, I get it for a week and then peterbilt gets it for a week".

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Well said. These are not the days of the 12V Cummins, 7.3 Powerstroke, and the 6.5 Detroit. There is not a clear winner...they're all nice as hell, expensive, powerful, and get terrible fuel mileage. They can also all make good power with aftermarket parts. They also all have the same emissions chit crippling them that can fail at any time. There's so much engineering that goes into these things that when even a small percentage of it fails, it seems like an endless list of repairs to the owner, when in reality, most of the stuff is still working fine.

I am brand loyal when it comes to my 12V, but if I were choosing a new truck it would be looks and interior based, as all three could come with epic repair bills/warranty claims.

A guy I know had the best quote about the new trucks that I've heard " its like sharing custody of a kid, I get it for a week and then peterbilt gets it for a week".

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

It kept throwing codes and going in to limp mode. He hasn't had any more trouble in the last year or so. He ordered the truck right after the PACCAR engines came out.
Gliders FTW!

Last edited:
Back