Need a good valve spring compressor

One that'll do good on a 12v, especially back under the cowl. Any suggestions?

The one I got now is just a PITA.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

My lisle is a cam over design that you can take the lever off and replace with a bolt. Works well if you have clearance issues.

My lisle is a cam over design that you can take the lever off and replace with a bolt. Works well if you have clearance issues.

Can you get a good picture of yours? I found some, and it looks way better than the thing im using now.

kdt-3271.gif

Id kill to find one that's like a set of pliers that you can just squeeze the spring down with.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
the one i have is like that and have had no issues with it. you can use a 3/4" socket or wrench on it if you cant turn the handle with the tougher springs.

the one i have is like that and have had no issues with it. you can use a 3/4" socket or wrench on it if you cant turn the handle with the tougher springs.

My problem with it is holding it still with my bad hand while spinning the handle. I was hoping to find something a little more like a set of pliers.

here ya go [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-16750-Valve-Spring-Compressor/dp/B0009OR96K"]Amazon.com: Lisle 16750 Valve Spring Compressor: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4157T2L8feL.@@AMEPARAM@@4157T2L8feL[/ame]

no prob got to looking at it was the first thing that showed up when i googled a "valve spring compressor" lol some how i think it new what i was trying to find LOL

How heavy duty is that lisle tool? From the pictures it doesn't look like much, but the description says it weighs 2lbs, which sounds pretty HD.

How heavy duty is that lisle tool? From the pictures it doesn't look like much, but the description says it weighs 2lbs, which sounds pretty HD.

Bump: No one can tell me how sturdy it is? LOL

EDIT: found some reviews on amazon. They say it's pretty strong, but it has a hard time gripping the spring, and slides off easy. If I get this one, can you guys that have one give any tips for it?

Last edited:
I get along with mine its built heavy enough for what ive done. The trick seems to be in the adjustment once you get that figured out it goes well.

Back