2011 Cummins Need MORE Smoke & Noise

4 injection events keeps it cleaner

I thought the 4th injection event was post combustion, and primarily to help burn crap out of the DPF?

I mean, I don't want my truck to look like a smoker tractor, but it's obvious that most 6.7 tunes from any company aren't fueling as hard as the average 5.9 tune..

Hell I'm afraid to even run my smarty at a higher level than SW7 in fear of popping a HG... It's like most tunes seem to have really aggressive timing, and not a lot of fuel injector duration.. Either that, or when it's under the boost curve the fuel map is reallly conservative

Even at similar rail pressure a 5.9 3rd gen with an average tune on it will create quite a bit of smoke.. There is a balance of keeping things clean, and making power.. I feel like we're being a little too conservative..

I guess what I'm saying is, If I could make more power without having border line destructive injector timing I could deal with some smoke..

Last edited:
I think word has gotten around the internet that its easy to get us folks over here riled up so they come over and throw up a random post and sit back and watch us go nuts. Just my .02.

Knowing the reception they'd get, I may have sent a couple of folks over from other sites who wanted smoke. LOL

More smoke? No, what you need is to keep that slap chop thingy on the exhaust from turning. Start your truck, take off the air box lid and intake tubing, and stick your weenie in there. Dont worry about the red liquid coming out or the smell of burning flesh. Its normal in the quest for big power!

Back