my 62/68/14 i just gone done testing out.

jaybuller

USCG MK
:rockwoot:Yes i got my ed 62/68/14. with rc.first off it looks great with the polished cover. now on to the testing. the thing is amazing. heads and tails over the 62/65/12 i just took off. spools twice as fast from 10psi to 45 wich is where it is gagted at. it starts spooling at the exact rpm as the old one wich is right around 1800 and the thing cools the egts down big time. my old turbo it would run up to 1500 in a hurry in 4th gear. i can get going the same speed in 4th gear and run it wide open till i have to shift and it never hit 1200 degrees. i ran it from 2nd all the way through 5th gear w.o. all the way up to 110mph and it only got up 1300 max. i still had more to give it at 110 but backed out. guess im just chicken. Anyways chris hooked me up with one hell of a turbo.

To anyone wanting to upgrade from a 62/65/12 i recomned this. It dropped wot egts over 300 degrees, twice as fast spool up mabey even more. starts to spool the same rpm, and has the easy to adjust drive pressure actuated wastegate. Again thank you Chris.

right at about 1800. they start spooling the same rpm, its how fast it builds the boost that is the difference. the old one would climb up to about 42psi but it was slow to rise(compared to this one). this one goes from 8psi to 45 psi in way less than 1 second. its that fast.
btw i didnt change anthing in the setup other than the turbo itself.

Thanks for the feedback Jay. Sounds like it did exactly what you were looking for. I saw the emails ring in but we have been at SEMA all day. I'll get a chance to reply shortly.

I beat the snot out of my 62/68 13ss (gate welded shut) and couldn't hurt it they are tough chargers.

it starts at 1800, by 1900 to 2000 its already hittin 45 to 50 psi. i been tunnin the afc a little for the past couple days and got it dialed in. i can make it virtually smoke free before spoolup but its slower to spool so i got it set up to were it lights fast as hell but it smokes a little right before it spools. on another note it does just about clear all the smoke at wot at 48psi. theres still a grey haze comin out but its burnin most of the fuel.

Man thats exactly how i want my truck to be lots of power with not much smoke

Because right now mines the same way some smoke on takeoff and just a light haze at wot I just need more power LOL

Cant wait until I can get new injectors and a new turbo :banghead:

Last edited:
Back