Locking hubs on a 96” dodge

Puddles

Looking for some input I’m aware some of this has been talked about previously...Looking at locking hubs for next season, Street puller/work stock truck running 35 spline inners and an Eaton trutrac. Options are bolt in kit (1700-2500$), 92-97 Ford Dana 60 w/ 30 spline stubs but people are to proud of a rotted out axle from the northeast. Can I use a superduty dana 60 front the ball joints out? 35 spline stubs and are fairly cheap. Not concerned about bolt pattern I was gonna run spacers to offset track width any how. Thanks

Probably 92-97 F250 knuckles would be the cheapest route. Just buy some 35 spline stubs and lock outs for an F350. I ran 30 spline outers for a long time on my old D60 and they held up ok. The lockouts were the weak part. I just kept a spare set with me and kept sending them in for warranty

Slugs are a lot stronger than lockouts. Not sure if it’s a thing in pulling but in off-roading some swap a drive slug in to save lock outs.

Sounds like I may go the 92-97 Ford route then. Only question I have is if the tie rod end taper is the same and if not could it be reamed out to except the dodge taper? I’m hoping that I don’t run into issues with hubs being that its a 700ish hp street truck/no hanging weight. Reason for wanting the lock outs is that if I break something in the front end I can unlock and still drive home with out much trouble

If anything, a ford will be bigger already I bet. Dodge 2g axles have ridiculously small components. I can’t recall for sure though.

I put Yukon lock outs on my 2nd gen and after I hook I can’t get them to unlock its horrible idk why. Hour later with a lot of struggle they usually come undone

I did the Ford knuckles and rounded up all of the parts, which was kind of a hassle. I used Warn hubs and haven’t ruined one yet. I put a Yukon kit on my 05 dually and went on real easy. I’m not sure if I am a fan of their locking hubs. I don’t know if I saved much, if any money when doing the Ford parts.

Back