EFI V2 emailed tunes??

crhall

I've serched and cant get to the bottom of this. Once you buy a V2, Say from ATP. You then email your stock tune to them, they send you a new tune through email. Once you save that tune to your hard drive, can it be used on more than one truck if you buy another licence for the second truck?? As long as they are the same engines? Say they were both lbz's?? Thanks

Ok well thats good to know, We are a farming operation and own 3 LBZ's. all are crew cab dually's. didn't know if i was going to have to buy 3 tunes, or could just get one to use on all the trucks.. just trying to get something on them to get some better mpg. It would prob be just a single tune. Plus i thought the V2 would ne nice to have for a diagnostic tool? Thanks!!

Due to OS segment differences you will want to get a tune built for each truck. The biggest issue we see from programmers is messed up segments due to exactly what you described. Flashing the wrong OS into an ecm is a bad practice.

Last edited:
Just talk to your tuner. They will probably ask what interior package they have (navigation, onstar, etc.) then they will be able to tell you if you need multiple tunes or not. You can full flash any OS tune into the truck, however it MAY cause issues.

Ok, Thanks, just wasn't to sure how it worked. guess that's why EFI is that far above the programmers that are one program fits all?? Just to help me learn a bit more about this. What is OS segment ?

If you purchase the V2 from us, we will work with pricing on tuning the three trucks. Different Operating Systems can be full flashed, but things like A/C, fuel, gauges, ABS, etc. can be affected depending on the year/model of truck.

Best to speak with the company as purchasing one tune and tuning many trucks can be done and has, but it's better/honest to pay a bit extra so if there are issues you can call and get things fixed up.

Ah, this is all making sense now. thanks for clearing all of this up for me. not sure why I was having such a hard time understanding it. This thread can be deleted if someone would like.. Thanks

Back