Idi twin turbo??????

has anybody ran an 8cyl a or p pump on an idi......i seems like it could be done with a modified or custom intake and flow alot more fuel than a db2 or db4 pump

IDI injectors are not a restriction. DI injectors are upgraded because they have orifice holes in the tip that limit flow capability, IDI injectors just lift the nozzle further.

IDI injectors can still be limited by the lift, and that is right at about .030"... .030" still doesnt get the pintle out of the orifice, so there is a little restriction there... However, it is moot, because even at 180cc's its not a restriction. I plan on doing a dyno test here soon, I am going to test a set of stock stroke injectors, injectors with the pintles removed, and a set of stroked injectors. I dont think there is going to be a any gains with the modded sticks...

IDI injectors can still be limited by the lift, and that is right at about .030"... .030" still doesnt get the pintle out of the orifice, so there is a little restriction there... However, it is moot, because even at 180cc's its not a restriction. I plan on doing a dyno test here soon, I am going to test a set of stock stroke injectors, injectors with the pintles removed, and a set of stroked injectors. I dont think there is going to be a any gains with the modded sticks...

I am watching this, you will be called upon this summer to help with my build.

Interesting, we have a set of marine injectors in a modified 6.5 that we took apart and they show signs of the pintle hitting the plate hard.....there is actually wear marks there.

ok so any one attempting to do this lol dont it has resulted in complete HEAD failure
fired it up for the first time saturday and pop it ran for a total of 3 mins im gonna say 12 psi each was tooo much for the old gurl idk but i am going this week to purchace a new project truck while i wait on my motor to come back from the engine builders

LOL

You got parts to make these pumps?

:umno:

Heath

You have no clue what parts I do and do not have at my disposal, not to mention the parts I am working on for the future, I will go out on a limb (and a very short one at that) And point out that you pretty much don't have a clue anyway...

About time you manned up and showed up on a forum that I can set your BS straight on.

ok so any one attempting to do this lol dont it has resulted in complete HEAD failure
fired it up for the first time saturday and pop it ran for a total of 3 mins im gonna say 12 psi each was tooo much for the old gurl idk but i am going this week to purchace a new project truck while i wait on my motor to come back from the engine builders

head failure, or gasket failure? Also, that isn't much boost.... we have several people running more than that.

7be21546.gif

LOL

Heath

Back