Powder Coated Stacks

crzycowboy

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Would you buy black powder coated stacks if they were offerd? The problem with this would be the Powder coater can not garrantee the paint will last through the heat. Now on the other hand Twin turbo's that run this style of stacks haven't had this problem. What are your guys inputs?

LOL I know you want carbon fiber....LOL I don't think them mack and peterbilts need em though. And that is Bill's bread and butter..... If I could convince him to spend more time and $$$$ on the pick up area, I'm sure I could get into that.....LOL

If we work together Duallie I'm sure we maybe able to persway (sp?) him to look at things in a different light.....

I would think that Ceramic Header coating them would be a better option and would hold up to the heat better. I know that DC Special and a couple of others have done this on their exhaust to help complete the "blackout" look. If I go with stacks on the next truck, I will probably have them coated black.

Ceramic Coated would cost more than the chrome I think. But that is a good Idea to check into......

Jet Hot Coating:bow: :bow: -

offers some killer hi-temp ceramic coatings..... :ylsuper:

And they hold up pretty good- :rules:

I speak as an experienced customer of theirs for quite some time...:bigsmile:

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Damn- now I just let out a secret!:bang

How hot can powdercoat hold up to?
I asked my coater one time I thought he told me 400* (I could be wrong).

The ceramic coating would be nice.

I have my entire exhaust done in a satin black metallic-ceramic coating:
5-7-06_Truck_Pics_008_Large_.jpg

There is also black chrome.....

crzycowboy said:
Black Chrome.....Hmmm I dunno if my plater does that or can do that. I'll have to ask........:evil:

While your at it ask about CARBON FIBER :dead-horse-fast2: :dead-horse-fast2: :dead-horse-fast2: :dead-horse-fast2: :dead-horse-fast2:

LOL LOL :woohoo: :woohoo:

Duallie we have a hard time getting our guys to bend and cut the chrome stacks we have now, let alone tryin' to make em out of carbon fiber......LOL Bill ain't budgin' on this one.

crzycowboy said:
Would you buy black powder coated stacks if they were offerd? The problem with this would be the Powder coater can not garrantee the paint will last through the heat. Now on the other hand Twin turbo's that run this style of stacks haven't had this problem. What are your guys inputs?

I would buy'em! I'll take the 7inch mitre (5inch bottoms for the easy install)...:rockwoot:

I am finding out that most coaters will not Guarantee their coatings...... Dumb I know, but they say the extreme heat is to much......Most people I know that have them on their trucks have YET to have this problem. So I dunno....?

Back