4th gen death whobble

johndeere1

looking for some insight on where to start truck will only do it every so often. 11 mega cab dually has leveling kit:Cheer: on the front fox shocks. did put a moog trackbar link and tie rod end on. Did bushing on the control arms. truck does have the steering brace and is on stock tires. looking at going to a dual steering stabilizer. any other input would be apreciated

Yep. Stabilizer is just a possible bandaid.

It is 100% a loose joint or tie rod end in the suspension or steering.

Hello:
I have a similar configuration of truck, a 2012 Mega cab DRW. I had instances of death wobble when truck was quite new, and low miles. Check your ball joints, my factory joints had close to .080" to .100" inch of vertical play, which was enough to set it into vibration under the right conditions. I might also add that, most dealers will say that the clearances that I saw would be considered to be "within specifications for normal service". In my opinion, I would state otherwise, steering and suspension joints like ball joints, and tie rod ends, etc, should not have any slop or play when you check them. A set of EMF joints fixed mine. I would think you have some loose clearances in some steer or ball joints. Hope this helps.
crdth

Leveling kits need a disclaimer stating to reset your caster.

Check caster and have it reset before you throw money at anything else.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Back