Anyone at or near Tyndall?

ShootinBlankz

Just found out we got orders to Tyndall RNLTD is 20 Oct so I got like no time to prep. Any one in the area currently or been that has any tips? Never been in Florida except for a month at Eglin for RTC and we were confined to the base. Any and all information would be great. Thanks guys.

I dont live down there but we rent a beach house in Mexico Beach with is about 10 miles east of Tyndall. We are down there about 2 or 3 weekends a month

Nice! Everything Ive read seems to be geared toward getting tourists down. It seems like a great place to be just trying to get a feel for the area. Not sure if we are going to live on base or off at this point. Ill have to hit you up some time once we get down there. So you know any good fishin holes your willing to share? lol Ill provide the beer.

basically we just fish the public numbers from the MBARA (Mexico Beach Artificial Reef Association). They have placed hundreds of reefs over the last 20 years. We are currently trying to buy a bigger boat so we can do a little more fishing.

Heres a few pics of our trip 2 weeks ago

My fiance Skylar with a red snapper
IMG953890_zps8ac11685.jpg

My cousin Austin and Me with her kingfish (she caught the fish I was there for support lol
IMG953904_zps660ea428.jpg

My friend Ryan with a red snapper
IMG_3893_zps5f95ba12.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Everything Ive read seems to be geared toward getting tourists down. It seems like a great place to be just trying to get a feel for the area. Not sure if we are going to live on base or off at this point. Ill have to hit you up some time once we get down there. So you know any good fishin holes your willing to share? lol Ill provide the beer.

also as far as the tourist thing goes Mexico Beach is not like that at all. Its very relaxed and family geared.

haha no way is OK better. Boats, Tacos and Hoes...I rest my case. Holy crap those are some nice snappers. Im excited to be able to start doing some real fishing again, I have to brush up on my research but I know FL has bonefish but I think they are further south. Either way I'm sure it will be a blast. My brother is already looking at 26-28' boats for fishing/diving. I didn't know about the artificial reefs, Ill have to look into those.

haha no way is OK better. Boats, Tacos and Hoes...I rest my case. Holy crap those are some nice snappers. Im excited to be able to start doing some real fishing again, I have to brush up on my research but I know FL has bonefish but I think they are further south. Either way I'm sure it will be a blast. My brother is already looking at 26-28' boats for fishing/diving. I didn't know about the artificial reefs, Ill have to look into those.

We have ho's here, and more mexican's than anywhere but texas, and mexico. So by association, I'm sure there are taco's. And for boats, OK has more shoreline than any other state. Minnisota can eat it LOL

The reefs would be cool, along with salt water fishing. And I know the ho's in florida are better :(

I PCSed from Tinker to Pensacola about two years ago now and I must say I miss Oklahoma.

Be ready for the salty air to rust everything. I'm constantly wiping down tools and what not with WD40.

Back