Super Stock for the Ford's

wrongway

As many of you know, Douglas Gilbert and myself put together an 03 6.0 Superduty together to see if a Ford could be competitive in Super Stock. I'm sorry to say I have to agree with all of the Ford guy's that a Ford doesn't really stand a chance in this class without some some help. I just don't know how I can accomplish this and stay within the rules that are in place for Super Stock. I would like some suggestion's and real world solution's to help the Ford's be competitive. Please don't turn this into a pissing match as I'm really serious about getting the Ford's racing. So, lets hear them. Gary

The american ride was competitive in sled pulling. Yes it was 2.8, and a 6.4, but it can be done. Might not be easy... but if it were easy everyone would be doing it. Not sure how you can make it easier for fords, anyway you do it is gonna end up unfair.

The only thing I can think of is using a restrictor plate instead of the 2.6 rule. In theory that will limit the air volume more accurately than the 2.6 cover does. Other than that I think changing the class just for the Ford's is a really touchy deal, and I am one of those Ford guys that would benefit. The Fords are coming on hard this year, you might not have to change anything soon if they keep up the hard work and outside the box thinking.

I'm not sure what could be changed, but I think it's fairly obvious by looking at the top of the heap ford wise...they all use nitrous. Are the flow on the heads that bad?

The head flow is pretty poor on the 6.4's. I've been told less than 200cfm. But there are some options coming out for the 6.4's that will help out. I'm not sure what to do with the fords to help em in this class. All of the big fords are running large twins or large singles with lots of nitrous.

what kind times have you ran so far Gary?

In testing, low 11's is all we can muster. The truck would haul some serious azz with a little spray, but that defeat's the purpose. Putting it back in duty as a DD in a few weeks.

The head flow is pretty poor on the 6.4's. I've been told less than 200cfm. But there are some options coming out for the 6.4's that will help out. I'm not sure what to do with the fords to help em in this class. All of the big fords are running large twins or large singles with lots of nitrous.

Isn't that still higher than a Cummins head? With two extra cylinders, thats even more air?

didn't it run 13.7 at TS, i'm pretty sure i seen the time slip. if you were serious about setting up a 6L for that class, your setup is all wrong. not that mine is right but for starters a conventional injector will never fuel hard enough for you, the turbo that was on your truck was to restrictive in the exhaust side, and a few other things, i've been saying it for a while and you(Gary) got upset with me for saying it, Fords will not compete with these full blown 2.6 trucks running 10's. however setup right i think they could run consistant low 11's,

Gary if you ran low 11's on fuel with your ford that doug built on fuel only, please post up time slips and video cause i don't believe you.

turbo wise where a dodge or chev could win with say a 2000$ turbo, the ford guy will need to setup up with something alot more expensive, can the average guy compete with a ford on a low budget(which this class was first made for) never, however dump a boat load full of money into it, and maybe they'll come close

don't mean to be negative in either way but we all know that fords love there:nos::nos::nos::nos::nos::nos:

i do think the 6.4 with a good 2.6 turbo that weighted in a min weight would be a contender, but the 7.3 and 6.0l are not

the ford guy will need to setup up with something alot more expensive, can the average guy compete with a ford on a low budget(which this class was first made for) never, however dump a boat load full of money into it, and maybe they'll come close

Isn't that a known thing for fords and power anyways? :what:

What if the minimum weight was brought up to say 6500 lbs, and the fords could use a bigger single charger? Like a 2.8 turbo? I'm just thinking out loud here$.02

Isn't that still higher than a Cummins head? With two extra cylinders, thats even more air?
I'm not sure what a cummins flows
i do think the 6.4 with a good 2.6 turbo that weighted in a min weight would be a contender, but the 7.3 and 6.0l are not
If we could get a 6.4 to spool a single turbo with out nitrous I think your right. The fuel is definately there, but 6.4's have a hell of a time spooling singles for some reason.
What if the minimum weight was brought up to say 6500 lbs, and the fords could use a bigger single charger? Like a 2.8 turbo? I'm just thinking out loud here$.02

Bringing weight up would help. I think more needs to be put into the tuning side to light a single turbo and a 2.6 would be plenty I think. But i'm not certain.

didn't it run 13.7 at TS, i'm pretty sure i seen the time slip. if you were serious about setting up a 6L for that class, your setup is all wrong. not that mine is right but for starters a conventional injector will never fuel hard enough for you, the turbo that was on your truck was to restrictive in the exhaust side, and a few other things, i've been saying it for a while and you(Gary) got upset with me for saying it, Fords will not compete with these full blown 2.6 trucks running 10's. however setup right i think they could run consistant low 11's,

Gary if you ran low 11's on fuel with your ford that doug built on fuel only, please post up time slips and video cause i don't believe you.

turbo wise where a dodge or chev could win with say a 2000$ turbo, the ford guy will need to setup up with something alot more expensive, can the average guy compete with a ford on a low budget(which this class was first made for) never, however dump a boat load full of money into it, and maybe they'll come close

don't mean to be negative in either way but we all know that fords love there:nos::nos::nos::nos::nos::nos:

Shawn, I'm an eternal optimist and a Ford guy through and through and I honestly thought they would compete. As far as the timeslip, Doug has it with him. I was too busy dragging my Ta-Ta truck off the track and getting it back in the trailer when it ate a new tranny:doh: I'm desperately trying to figure out a feasible way to get the Ford's competitive. I really didn't take up any time with the "No budget 6.0" and I did kind of tie Doug's hands so to speak as to what he could do with it. I was standing behind the truck on it's first pass (13.77) and I was really disappointed. Doug did show me an 11 something timeslip later in the weekend. I apologize if you were offended at anything I have said in the past. I'm just trying to figure out something for the Ford guy's. Doug and I tried with what we had available to make a run at it. We borrowed Danny's injector's, a Silver 66 that Doug had laying around, and I bought a set of headstud's. Doug got the truck down to 5880 lbs. I think without a driver. I did want to get this thread rolling now to give everyone that want's to participate can be ready, and if we can come up with a way to get the Ford's involved that would be great. If we can't, then thats just the way it's going to be. I don't want this to turn into another turbo thread (it was like 50 pages). Remember this, I am working FOR the Ford guy's, not against them $.02 Gary

I think a fully built 7.3 with swamps CR system could do it. Ported heads to the max etc. I have seen 7.3's do well and the 6.4's also combine the two in a decent setup truck should be able to compete.

P-Pump style injection.

Every ford engine puller runnin that way is 4 digits.

Don't know why nobody has done it to race yet.

Back