Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 06:58 PM   #761
malibu795

Name: malibu795
Title: 2wd numb nut
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers Farms View Post
Are you still rolling in the 3500? Or back in mutt 1 or 2?
97 C3500HD right now..been in this truck since Thanksgiving 2019.. supposed to be only 6 months.... changed companies I'm leased to back in August...
Basically I got starved out of the company I ran for for almost 5 years. And 3 months into running for current company... I'm having some serious concerns with management in how things are being enforced or the lack thereof.. and any situation is basically loose loose for me.. with meh in pay.. definitely not enough to tolerate the precieved games..

been on the road from 10/4 to 11/23.. tried to make best of the 4th quarter, as Thanksgiving to new year is generally crap.. it's been mediocre at best so far.. I'm not sure if it's the oilfield market, the new management, economy (election is 11 months away)
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:
smooth seas never made a skillfull sailor

Old 11-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #762
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu795 View Post
97 C3500HD right now..been in this truck since Thanksgiving 2019.. supposed to be only 6 months.... changed companies I'm leased to back in August...
Basically I got starved out of the company I ran for for almost 5 years. And 3 months into running for current company... I'm having some serious concerns with management in how things are being enforced or the lack thereof.. and any situation is basically loose loose for me.. with meh in pay.. definitely not enough to tolerate the precieved games..

been on the road from 10/4 to 11/23.. tried to make best of the 4th quarter, as Thanksgiving to new year is generally crap.. it's been mediocre at best so far.. I'm not sure if it's the oilfield market, the new management, economy (election is 11 months away)

I have a friend who is in the trucking business, it was about 2 months ago, but he said the business was pretty solid still. So maybe you are just in a slow spell and hopefully it picks up for you..
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 11-25-2019, 09:09 PM   #763
malibu795

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
I have a friend who is in the trucking business, it was about 2 months ago, but he said the business was pretty solid still. So maybe you are just in a slow spell and hopefully it picks up for you..
I'm basically not as close to the table to get fed as well as I liked... And basically every industry that isn't retail/produce related is scaling back for holidays.. disgruntled employees aren't worth ****...

includeing the management games.. there's stated company policy for how the equipment is supposed to be set up.. and each owner operator has to sign it...I made my truck compliant with the posted regs.
Reg states
Quote:
all trucks must have headache rack(enclosed) OR headboard on the trailer. This includes pick-ups and one tons that pull goosenecks
I utilized the headboard on the trailer.. Thursday I was told my compliant truck wasn't compliant due to not having a headache rack behind the cab and therefore not allowed to haul anything..
when asked for an example of what type of headache I need, the picture is a slotted see through headache rack that doesn't meet said regs for being enclosed...when I confronted MGMT about it.. I was told the company policy I signed.. didn't matter...

The headache rack itself isn't the issue.. I don't have the capital/time to be constantly changing my equipment setup to fall in line with whatever the safety department/whoever in upper mgmt may or may not deam compliant on a whim, especially if it's not in writing and to blindside me with it..
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:

Last edited by malibu795; 11-25-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:45 AM   #764
2wpuller

Name: 2wpuller
Title: letting the smoke fly
Member`s Gallery
It was good meeting up with you Friday.HOPEFULLY everything will work out with this job when the upper management gets work on how the new person is mishandled the rules.
Sponsors
GoerendTransmission
Haisley Machine
MCS MidwestPerformanceDiesel
ShowMePerformance
Snow Performance

Old 11-26-2019, 06:57 AM   #765
malibu795

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wpuller View Post
It was good meeting up with you Friday.HOPEFULLY everything will work out with this job when the upper management gets work on how the new person is mishandled the rules.
Like wise.. sucks I missed out on the cookies lol .. we will see how things play out
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:

Old 11-26-2019, 07:20 AM   #766
2wpuller

Name: 2wpuller
Title: letting the smoke fly
Member`s Gallery
Next time you come through Michelle will make some more.
Sponsors
GoerendTransmission
Haisley Machine
MCS MidwestPerformanceDiesel
ShowMePerformance
Snow Performance

Old 11-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #767
malibu795

Member`s Gallery
Well...sitting at a urgent care doing a new employment drug screen.. still driving job and decent income
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:

Old 11-30-2019, 10:28 PM   #768
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu795 View Post
Well...sitting at a urgent care doing a new employment drug screen.. still driving job and decent income

Curious why the headache rack requirement since they don’t do chit. Seen plenty of them on wrecks and they don’t stop anything which is why even the DOT dropped the requirement. Unless it’s for storage but since it’s my truck/trailer they can KMA.

Old 12-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #769
malibu795

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Curious why the headache rack requirement since they don’t do chit. Seen plenty of them on wrecks and they don’t stop anything which is why even the DOT dropped the requirement. Unless it’s for storage but since it’s my truck/trailer they can KMA.
Because some company safety man thinks he knows everything would be my guess..
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:

Closed Thread