Pulling season

ramtough01

With everything going on how many are worried about the pulling season? If people listen and sit still i would hope our season would start on time in june. But i have a feeling it might be july.

We here at Mohawk valley pro pulling League out of Fonda NY, have out first date at May 1st. With 2nd date the 15th. As VP, I really hope it clears up and we can have a normal summer..

As much as I want a season, I wouldn't be mad if we don't.. Not because of the virus.. but because I'm tired of dealing with everything that goes into running a club... pullers *****ing and moaning about anything and everything, dealing with trying to find and please sponsors, to getting promoters to act like they are even putting on a pull..

A year off would do me wonders..lol
Plus would give me time to get mine built..

As much as I want a season, I wouldn't be mad if we don't.. Not because of the virus.. but because I'm tired of dealing with everything that goes into running a club... pullers *****ing and moaning about anything and everything, dealing with trying to find and please sponsors, to getting promoters to act like they are even putting on a pull..

A year off would do me wonders..lol
Plus would give me time to get mine built..

What you mean pullers *****ing and moaning about? They do no such thing! lol. And know how you feel about a year off. When i took the year off to build the truck was the best thing i ever did. Now i want to go pulling lol

Thats the hardest thing. Even for my truck i will i talked to my sponsors earlier in the year for the truck. Might as well not even ask them.

If the season does get underway. That will be one of the hardest things to find this years. People willing to put up cash for the pulls.

I agree, I haven't even began to ask anybody for our club. I will ask our main sponsor, as I'm sure they'll sign on again, as they're recession proof.

But we're running into the same issues with our county fair who I'm on the fairboard for, we're in a holding mode. We're dictated by whatever the state and county says.

Our local club has cancelled some pulls from lack of funding already. Many fair boards are having trouble getting sponsors to put up money right now. Which I do not blame them. We dont know for sure if there will be any fairs yet or not. I would assume things will be back to normal by then but I never thought I would see what is going on right now either.

I agree, I haven't even began to ask anybody for our club. I will ask our main sponsor, as I'm sure they'll sign on again, as they're recession proof.

But we're running into the same issues with our county fair who I'm on the fairboard for, we're in a holding mode. We're dictated by whatever the state and county says.

what line of work is your main sponsor in?curious to what professions are recession proof

Saw tomah is canceled a few days ago. Which not surprised. I think the big show pulls will get canceled but most the smaller ones wont. Just my theory. None should be canceled in my book but thats a whole different thread for that lol

Unfortunately several pulls in my area have cancelled as well. Hoping that we get to have some kind of pulling this summer.

I heard yesterday that the state of NY was talking about cancelling all of the fairs for 2020, so if thats the case there goes all of pulling season here. Theres a few "rebels" out there talking about putting events on against emperor Cuomo's reign but I doubt much will be happening all year.

Well its looking like smoke and speed will be the first big pull in the NE. May 30th at Burlington motor park.

Back