486rwhp 12mm VE!!

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Ha ha, you guys thought it was new. I just found the dyno video where KTA set the 12mm non-corrected record. Man that was a few days ago.

Dodge 1st gen diesel single turbo dyno 486rwhp - YouTube

I still remember hearing him tell a story about how he raced an 03 Cobra Mustang on the freeway until one of his utility box doors started flapping at like 120 mph :hehe:

If your inlet port has been modified to bring in more fuel from the 5/8” line, I’ll give you that one. Drill bet special?

Any idea what some of the supporting mods were to make that 486hp? Was he running compounds?

If your inlet port has been modified to bring in more fuel from the 5/8” line, I’ll give you that one. Drill bet special?

Any idea what some of the supporting mods were to make that 486hp? Was he running compounds?

I think so, he made like 480 with a single though so really didn't help.

Love watching that ol’ thing go. I saw a drag racing video or two of it over on 1stgen.org that were pretty fun to watch as well. I do remember his setup was compounds and his atmospheric turbo was a HX60, just can’t recall what was on the manifold.

Watching that video Jason posted, this one comes to mind. This is still by far the best burn out video I've ever seen. The point where you're actually backing up from spinning around with momentum, and rear tires going 60mph in a forward direction.

One bad diesel! - YouTube

Watching that video Jason posted, this one comes to mind. This is still by far the best burn out video I've ever seen. The point where you're actually backing up from spinning around with momentum, and rear tires going 60mph in a forward direction.

That was one of the first things I found on YouTube, way back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

100% agreed on that video.

The good old days before Facenet apps & OBD2 tunez boxes.

I’m pretty sure this was on a commercial years ago for something? Remember seeing it when they use to have the “power block” on spike tv

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, how street/tow friendly are the 12mm and 14mm VE pumps? Currently putting a VE/NV4500 in a 67 C30 to be a tow rig to haul other old cars and truck to shows. I would like 400 hp with compounds, but this is my first time in the VE pump world, so I am not sure if it's a pipe dream and everyone will just say P Pump it.

Last edited:
This thread is kinda sad, shows how VE knowledge and interest has come and gone like dust in the wind. Like it's some lost esoteric lore.

Back