what road tool box do you have?

HightechRedneck

Being a mechanic for john deere I'm now starting to be on the road quite and am looking for a road tool box opinions and reviews. I just purchased a box but can always sell it, make some money and get another one. But I just bought this. Its basically a Montezuma triangle box only with john deeres name on it so I got it for way less than a standard Montezuma box. Measures 36in wide.

r4d027319_ac-3617tb-b_642x462.png

I saw one of those at jd the other day, good looking box. Ive got a snap-on road box and montezuma. The snap-on is nice and all, but youll get just as much good out of the montezuma for a fraction of the money.

I've heard the cat brand ones are pretty good. I wonder if they're Montezuma?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've used a Montezuma and a Matco with a lifting cage around it. The Matco was awesome because I'd just hang it from my crane and have it right where I needed it (which was usually up on top of an excavator or other heavy equip). The montezuma is the most user friendly box Imo, everything's so easy to grab and organize. I work out of an enclosed trailer now. Wish I would've done it years ago, you'll never see this kid bouncing down the road in a class 8 service truck again.

Here's a cool idea if you have the available bed space.
http://www.quickdrawtoolboxes.com/flatbeds.asp

I have one of the mac boxs and i love mine. Its been in the field a long time and has no issues with the drawers or anything. And trust me it has a ruff life/ride in the back of the truck. They are one of the longest lasting ive seen up here sense i started.
$T2eC16J,!y8E9s2fifq4BSTb3HIgZQ~~48_35.JPG

This is the model i have ^^^^^^ Mine is a little more abused

I've had montezumas in my last couple trucks and I'd buy another one in a heart beat. I can fit half my rolling box in there, so well organized. Only things I don't like is damp weather in winter can freeze up the latch (easy to deal with) and the pegs r made from chrome sockets and most if mine r impacts. Miner stuff IMO

I have heard the tiny issue with the peg spacing. I can adapt to it. Then I plan on building some hook deal to lift this onto a truck and back off to go back into the shop being I predominantly work in the shop but go out on the road atleast once a week and its getting more frequent.

Back