New to site 6.7 vp44 questions

Aronnemes

Hey guys I am new here, I have a 99 Cummins I built as my shop truck for truck pulling, i swapped a 6.7 out of a 2015 into it, still running a vp, it has a monster Mike stage 2.5 pump, his 6x13s cross overs, his trans with bolt together converter, trucks ran decent most of this year in workstock but my biggest issue I’ve had was figuring out what tuning platform I should use. I’ve ran edge/smarty and it ran like total crap, edge on 3x3 alone has ran the best. For next season I will be running 6x18 top feeds in it, the 6x13s were what I could get at the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? I’m sure some of the old school vp guys might have an idea.

Oh Im sure I already have a ppump 2.6 truck this was just a fun build that could be decently competitive around here if I can get it all figured out

Have you looked into the custom tuning with a quadzilla adrenaline?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

You probably don't want to run larger than 6x.016" in it with a VP. Definitely go with a Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 alone.

It’s got a 63.5 work stock he351 on it now. We may bump it to just stock appearing 74mm next year I haven’t decided yet. Just haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone on tuning. The topfeeds I have are the same ones the stainless diesel guys ran in their old drag truck. From what I’ve gathered most of those guys just ran edge drag comps but without talking to them I’m not positive.

Edge drag comp has been making good numbers on VP trucks for a long time, I'd get their newest revision whatever they call it and see what level it likes best.

I think I’ll stay with the edge and see how everything else does, anyone have insight with pulling a vp44 truck and gearing? Truck runs 33s and 3.54s pulls hard but I doesn’t seem to get the wheel speed down

Back