Clutches?

MidnightAlibi

I need a new clutch of my 08' tow rig? Any suggestions on what to put in. 6speed. only mod is a smarty ME. 90% of the time Im driving down the highway pullin a 5th wheel trailer with puller. Truck doesnt get beat on.....much:lolly:

Definately the Valair double disk organic sprung hub. I daily drive one, and have installed several. They are great, hold the power, and smooth.

I haul a heavy camper and 4 horse trailer all the time and this SDD from South Bend feels like a stock clutch but holds over 500hp! I cant say enough good about it for someone how tows :rockwoot:

SBC all the way. Peter and his crew has been in this ballgame since the beginning. I've put in tons of there clutches and there nothing short of awesome! Customer service is second to none.

Southbend I ran one of their dd for 2 years in my truck awesome clutch for daily driving and I pulled the truck almost every weekend the only reason that clutch came out of the truck is because its now a 2.6 truck running a sb triple disk

I loved my Valair.

Call some vendors, talk to them about your goals, be honest, give your money to the one that makes you feel fuzzy inside.

Valair, SBC, Haisley, etc all make good clutches.

^^THIS^^

The folks at southbend are as good as they can be. A 3250 dd is what I had in mine before we kinda went crazy on it and had to upgrade its what I'd recommend to someone who just wanted a good reliable clutch. Also wasn't to jumpy in reverse. The clutch was a good clutch till the day I pulled it out even after going over the rated HP it never slipped. I also towed with it pretty regular without issue. :Cheer:. Also SB customer service is hard to beat.

Last edited:
Back