Lowered 4th Gen?

gearhart73

Has anybody lowered a 4th gen yet? I see a lot of 2nd gens and a few 3rd gens but I haven't seen a 4th gen yet.
I've been throwing around the idea of lowering my CCSB 4x4 but I'm not sure how it would look. It's leveled right now and it sits too high for my liking. I'm going to start by take the spacer out of the front and the spacers out from under the springs in the rear. I might want to still go lower than that and put some 20in wheels with a 305 street tire.
Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Or pics if they've already done so?

I just bought my 4th gen and it is reverse leveled. The blocks were taken out of the rear, and it sits perfect.

I hoping to get to mine in the next week to start bring her down.
Are you just running a 305 or 33in tire then? I have a set of 315s that I'm going to test fit because I think they will look better with the wheel wells but they will probably rub.

I got a chance to work on my truck yesterday and started to lower it some. I took the leveling kit off and move the three blocks from under the rear spring to on top of it. It looks better but I'd still like to lower it about 2 or 3 inches more so that the tire will fit the wheel well better.
Maybe a drop shakle and some cutting would do the trick. Then some assist air bags for the rear axle since it will be doing a good bit of towing

Back