P1689 P0216 and P1690

wideopen

Slum Lord
Truck starts fine and idles fine. but when you give it fuel, it free revs up to about 1200 RPM then when you push the skinny pedal it goes back to normal Idle as long as you hold the pedal at any resistance.

Of course I'm leaning towards a bad VP...But wanted to get your opinion? I've pulled the relay and swapped with another with no change.

TIA

throttle position sensor has a rheostat on the back..mopar man 1973 has a good writeup on it..or blue chip diesel can help troubleshoot it also

OK after messing with this thing I can only get the P1689 all the other codes are gone.

I've been using the Mopar1973Mans Bible to shoot this code.

5. Ensure ignition is off and FPCM harness connector and ECM harness connector are still disconnected. Using DVOM, measure resistance of White wire between terminal No. 2 on FPCM harness connector and terminal No. 13 on ECM harness connector. If resistance is less than 5 ohms, go to next step. If resistance is 5 ohms or greater, repair open or high resistance in White wire between FPCM and ECM.

Done this and have 1 ohm of resistance so I'm good there.

6. Ensure ignition is off and FPCM harness connector and ECM harness connector are still disconnected. Using DVOM, measure resistance between ground and terminal No. 2 (White wire) on FPCM connector. If resistance is 5 ohms or greater, go to next step. If resistance is less than 5 ohms, repair short to ground in White wire between FPCM and ECM.

Now If I'm reading this correctly this wire should be grounded Correct??

I have no Ground with this test.

No you should not have a ground there. You ideally want it open to ground based on the way they wrote that fault tree.

Back