12 valve Power

Ktown6.0

I can't remember
What is needed for a 12 valve to run other than fuel, power for the glow plugs, and starter power? I have parts and an idea.

1984 F-150 Long Bed (currently has big block 460)

Fitted with a 12 valve.

wouldnt need power for the glow plugs cause there are not any. they run off a grid heater and in florida you really dont need it. others will chime in cause im not super familiar with the 12v but they are pretty simple from what i have seen.

You will not need power for the glow plugs, cuz there aren't any.
Fuel -air- starter motor-you can use a shut down cable for the fuel pump shut down.

Ok, got the power and fuel figured. How about the engine mounts. I am sure it has to be customed fab work?

(didn't realize there were no glow plugs.. thanks)

Ktown6.0 said:
Ok, got the power and fuel figured. How about the engine mounts. I am sure it has to be customed fab work?

(didn't realize there were no glow plugs.. thanks)

What you should do, is search this site for swaps. You'll find lots of information. Or, just pull the engine out and start measuring. It'll fit. There is prolly no instruction sheet for you.
It might be wise to run the Cummins on the floor before install, unless you know it to be good.

The motor was good at one point in time. The water pump has been removed. It would be a long haul project for me. It would need a fresh turbo and some other stuff. I would go through it of course. The truck was running at one point. Good starting point at least.

Back