highest stock charger hp numbers

That's just dyno manipulation...look at any high HP dyno truck that runs ETs that only show 75% that actual power put to the ground.

I think the whole ET to HP is BS. I did 517hp on the dyno but my ET shows I should be around 430hp. The kicker Is I was running big wide tires at the strip which kills my 60' throwing everything off.

I disagree, although it's not perfect and weight/trap speed is a better indicator, because that shows the true horsepower you are putting to the ground. It also isn't inflatable like a dyno sheet is. You can show 1600hp dyno sheets all day long and that's fine and dandy but when that same 6500lb truck only runs mid 10s it says something.

For example my old dmax weighed 7300lbs and ran 12.73 @ 106.7mph. The mph shows 601hp but the ET, without a perfect 60' shows 580hp so it's not too far off although I never dyno'd that truck as I think they are a tuning tool not a bragging right.

Last edited:
I think the whole ET to HP is BS. I did 517hp on the dyno but my ET shows I should be around 430hp. The kicker Is I was running big wide tires at the strip which kills my 60' throwing everything off.

its all off trap speed vs weight... e.t isnt anything... e.t is how quick you get there... I could run a 12.0 at 130 or I could run a 10.0 at 130 depending on sixty foot...

its all off trap speed vs weight... e.t isnt anything... e.t is how quick you get there... I could run a 12.0 at 130 or I could run a 10.0 at 130 depending on sixty foot...

Thank you for making sense of what I said above haha. You put it way better than I did!

Using CompD's calcs...601 using trap speed, 591 using ET. Ready for the abuse 'cause its not a Cummins....:hehe:

Doubt it I did 385 when it was all stock and a big cp3. It made a HUGE DIFFERENCE and over a second off my ET when I put injectors in and a billet 66.

Explain the run ET and trap speed. Did something break? I've seen guys run 11.56 @ 100 mph when something breaks and they coast in...

13.08 @ 105.99 MPH, Stock Intake, Exhaust, Fuel System. I think I traped 84 ish mph in the 1/8th on that pass. Added 30% Nozzles (still Stock Lift Pump, and Exhaust) and an AFE Intake. Ran 87 mph in the 1/8th on a HE351. After that I was done with that setup...

This is a simple run from 60-90 ish... I know it really doesn't have much worth to it.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmWyYY2C444"]2003 Dodge Cummins Smarty / TST - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
To me that MPH on that ET shows that you're making the power just can't put it to the ground on the little end. What was the 60' on that pass?

Back