12000rpm cp3?

Base pressure

If I have to much pressure to soon it will smoke at idle and pop and bank as soon as the boost starts to come up. It will not handle anymore pressure and function like it should. I have run 10 to 85 psi and 15 at idle and 45 seems to work for me. It also matters on mine how hot the fuel is at the rail. Jeff

on the cummins pump more inlet psi is needed for RPM, on a d-max it has a suction side allready, the cummins does not. the d-max pump is allready better in stock form alone. In theory a stronger fill charge should net better RP.....

So youre saying the cummins pump cant pull its own fuel? I have accidently left my fass pump unplugged on several occasions and the truck ran fine with 10k in tow.

If I have to much pressure to soon it will smoke at idle and pop and bank as soon as the boost starts to come up. It will not handle anymore pressure and function like it should. I have run 10 to 85 psi and 15 at idle and 45 seems to work for me. It also matters on mine how hot the fuel is at the rail. Jeff

Tell me about fuel temps.. I have debated running a cool can, like the gasser pullers run. I would think you would get more fuel if it was cooler but not sure what this would do to rail psi and if the injectors would like it.

on the cummins pump more inlet psi is needed for RPM, on a d-max it has a suction side allready, the cummins does not. the d-max pump is allready better in stock form alone. In theory a stronger fill charge should net better RP.....

What is a suction side? I haven't seen that in the drawings.

It has a gear pump, that's for sure. There is a suction throttle built in to the gear pump that limits overpressure. You can modify it and take that feature out if you think you need more pressure. Split the gear pump open and check it out.

We're running a pump on the JJ Machine truck at about 15% overdrive with no issues yet.

It has a gear pump, that's for sure. There is a suction throttle built in to the gear pump that limits overpressure. You can modify it and take that feature out if you think you need more pressure. Split the gear pump open and check it out.

We're running a pump on the JJ Machine truck at about 15% overdrive with no issues yet.
How many rpm is the JJ Machine truck turning?

i know the d-max pump is designed for suction from the factory.

the cummins is designed for positive psi inlet from the factory

That was my point, i dont mod them myself though.

Back