Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tractor Performance > General Tractor Performance > John Deere
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

John Deere The Green machines

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
Nowak's Diesel

Name: Nowak's Diesel
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
3010 diesel

Looking for a good used injection pump ”rosamaster” for my 3010 John Deere. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
CowboyEdition

Name: CowboyEdition
Title: Because Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Did the hydraulic head in your old one seize up? If not, it's usually pretty economical to rebuild them.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
DFI 5X0.014's, Standard Pump Mods
S300 VNT Turbo, Mechanically Actuated
Home-built trans with goodies
Borgeson, DOR, Bilstein and Carli Upgrades

Old 02-03-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
Nowak's Diesel

Member`s Gallery
No, the first pump had a busted shaft, went through and cleaned all the lines,tank, and replaced 2 injectors. I put a used pump on it. I can get it to run but it won’t rev up and smokes white like it’s out of time, I have to have the throttle wide open to get it to stay running, with throttle wide open it will barely idle. I’ve had the pump off 5 different times to make sure its in time. Motor has 500hrs on it since rebuild. I’ve checked valve lash and compression, they are fine. It’s like the pump won’t pump push enough fuel. I’ve also noticed the line in the sight window on the pump is all the way to the left and hardly visible. Could the pump be timed wrong internally? Thanks in Advance.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:58 PM   #4
CowboyEdition

Member`s Gallery
The timing marks should both line up at center of window at #1 TDC. If not, there's definitely a timing problem. Far left is a long way off. There is a clockwise and counterclockwise version of those pumps and the cam ring can be installed upside down, but I think the timing advance is probably screwed or installed backwards.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
Nowak's Diesel

Member`s Gallery
I’ll get it off this week and tear it apart. Thanks for the help I greatly appreciate it. Is there any particular way to see if the timing advance is screwed up internally once I get it apart?

Old 02-03-2018, 10:48 PM   #6
strokin02

Name: strokin02
Member`s Gallery
Depends also if itd the big shaft pump or small shaft
2002 f250 7.3 stroker...Dyno Proven tunes,Rosewood 250/100%injectors,sinister fuel bowl delete an regulated fuel return system,Arp headstuds,6in exhaust,custom intake an kennys dual disk clutch,16x12 Mickey Thompson wheels,cowl induction hood,isspro gauges!!

Old 02-04-2018, 08:19 AM   #7
CowboyEdition

Member`s Gallery
I think the pump shaft on those has a spline on it at the pump end. I wonder is it possible if the shaft got pulled out far enough that the splines disengaged? It may have been pushed back in out of time then, maybe one spline out or something.

As far as the timing advance, first figure out which way the pump rotates. I can't remember which way it goes on a 3010. Then check the location of the power side of the timing advance. Housing should be marked C for clockwise and CC for counterclockwise, the power side should be installed facing the direction of rotation marking. If that's all good, pull the Advance apart and make sure the Piston moves freely.

Closed Thread