Just bought an 04 today and have problems

Sabbath5.9

Neato niceo airplane glue
I just bought a 04 f350 with 80k miles. Test drive was 20 minutes and all went well. I fill out paperwork and 10 minutes later check engine light comes on. P0401. Then I go to drive the truck home from work. No tail lights no fog lights. No high beams. I have regular headlights( but 1 keeps going out when i hit a bump, brakes and blinkers work. Can anyone lead me in a direction please?

P0401 is insufficient ERG flow. Either the EGR valve is caked with carbon build up, there is an electrical problem. Pull the valve and check it.

The other electrical issue must be an issue with the wiring and possibly grounding out. Need to chase the wires back from the lights to the dash and check for damaged wires. Could also be something in light switch.

Like Betaracer said, pull your egr valve an try cleaning it an seeing if that takes care of the code. I'd look into doing an egr delete if I were you, there not all that expensive an aren't to bad to put on.

Well I plan on going to the dealer this morning. And I'm going to do a egr delete but wanted to do an exhaust first. Should I skip the exhaust? And do the delete

Dealer said there's no power going to my back tail lights? Then how do I have blinkers and brake lights

I have no running lights at all. No fogs either. Just cab. I really hope I don't have to replace the fuse block

don't let them beat you up, they need to fix it. Consumer protection groups, BBB NHTSA all could be interested in your plight.

Back